Thread: Great Egret

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Great Egret

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Most times when a opportunity as this occurs the bird turn the wrong way. This bird turned just about perfect to the light. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED HH
    1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1600 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Circle B Bar Reserve in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 05-27-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man, you got all those feathers fully spread in perfect light, good view of the face and I love the environment in this one. TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice posture of the egret banking in flight and the wings are beautifuly spread. I like the drop of water on the left foot. The Bg really makes the egret stand out.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the fully-spread wings and detailed underwings, but the busy background makes this look like an opportunistic grab-type pic rather than a deliberately-conceived and -composed photograph.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm liking this one more than I thought I would due to the busy BG, but it works for me in this instance. I just wish the red squiggly branches near the bill were not there.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The pose is great. The bird makes a nice diaganol line. I don't mind the background. Gives a nice sense of environment.