Thread: Mother's Day Miracle

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mother's Day Miracle

Attached Images Attached Images

Sandhill Crane chick looking shocked!

This image was created on 15 MAY 2020 at Indian Lake Estates. Again, I used the handheld Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens (at 361mm) and the 61-mega-pixel monster, the Sony Alpha a7R IV Mirrorless Digital camera body. Exposure determined by Zebras with ISO on the rear dial. ISO 500: 1/640 sec. at f/6.3 in Manual mode. AWB at 7:20am on a clear morning. Tracking Flexible Spot (M) AF-C was active at the moment of exposure and performed perfectly. Learn more about the creation of this image in the Two More Killer Sandhill Crane Chick Images: Even Better? Eclectic Entertainment. a7r iv Crop-ability. A Fast Healthy Recipe. And the first Free-to-all SONY e-Guide Update blog post here.

I was blessed to run across a crane nest with two chicks on Mother's Day past. One hatched under the adult while I was standing there photographing the one-day-old chick. As things worked out, the pair of chicks is totally accepting of my presence. See the V-log "Mothers Day Miracle" video here. And see five other favorites in the Sandhill Crane Chicks One-a-Day Images. Which Lens is Best for the Tiny Chicks? And the One Negative of the SONY 100-400mm GM ... blog post here.

This image is from a horizontal original with 54% of the original pixels cropped away. But with sharp 61-MP files from the a7R iv you can pretty much crop with impunity.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome and appreciated.

with love, artie

ps: You will find info on the great SONY e-Guide and video that I did with Patrick Sparkman in each of the blog posts linked to above. Get in touch via e-mail for a 20% BPN member discount.
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 05-21-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post