Thread: Dipper

Alexander Koenders

Attached Images Attached Images

Shooting a dipper in Hoklland is rather uniek.

A dipper in Holland is rare. So i am happy with this encounter.
    Last edited by Axel Hildebrandt; 01-10-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Todd Frost

Beautiful shot, but should be posted in Avian forum.

Todd Frost
    highandwildphotos.com

Jasper Doest

Hi Alexander,

Nice to see you here. I will however move the photograph to the avian forum. I hope you'll enjoy your visits here at BPN. Regarding the photograph, Dippers are beautiful birds...and you caught this one nicely. Exposure looks good as does the sharpness. Honestly though....this is where it ends for me...it is a nice recording of a nice bird...but it doesn't do anything to me. The composition is a bit too centered, it would have been nicer if you would have placed the bird a bit higher in frame. I think it would have been much nicer if you would have gone for a slightly wider approach...I don't know what lens you used (it would be nice if you would provide some more details in your next post)...
    As you say an unique encounter...I've seen some other Dipper shots from you which I liked better, so perhaps you could post one of those later on?

All the best,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Alex,

Nice to see you posting out here!
    Allthough i really like most of your recent work i have to agree with Jasper that the cluttered BG takes the attention away from this lovely Dipper.
    On the other hand.... I also know how hard it is to shoot birds in our country compared to some other parts of this globe...
    Being able to shoot this rarity is worth a compliment but knowing you...i think we will see some better shots in your next posts!

Looking forward to future posts!

greetings,

Jeroen Stel