Thread: Red Fox

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Fox

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Tyre, New York on 5/3/20 at 6:12AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop. Not much for framing options for this one. There was a big cottonwood tree on the left edge of the frame hiding the tip of the fox's tail. Image made from vehicle.

Hand held, Full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIV
    Canon 500 f/4 IS USM
    ISO 5000
    f4.0
    1/500sec
    Last edited by John Mack; 05-04-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John, where was the FP and what did you use, AF single point, expanded...

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

On the face. The one with five.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

OK, well based on that John, albeit with limited DoF, I might then say your camera is back focusing, as based on the posting and not viewing the raw, the fur that runs along the neck towards the body looks much sharper. If that is the case then it's what I've said since you had the camera and until resolved you will have issues with focus. The two options you have is to adjust the AFMA for both static & moving, or get it back into Canon, which again I gave you links too.

The Fox looks quite young, but shooting from the car can create a limited framing option. Colour looks fairly faithful and I do like the inquisitive look. I would either clone in more green in the top LHC for continuity as my eyes are drawn to it, or crop, but then things get a bit tight.

Hope you got more shots, or return to get more.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.