Thread: Spring frog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spring frog

Attached Images Attached Images

This female bullfrog was captured this morning.

D500 500PF. 1/320s f/10 , ISO 3200

Advice and comments appreciated.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the overall presentation in terms of complimentary colours and contrast, details in the skin are good, though perhaps a luminosity adjustment may enhance slightly.
    I am not sure if I can see trees and a house in the bullfrog's eye? The DOF is fine and reflection equally so, in terms of enhancement of presentation, I don't know if it was possible or practicable but the bullfrog could have been taken at a slight angle, perhaps it may not then have appeared quite so "static".

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jon:

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I was shooting literally between two rocks, with my lens hood touching on one side, and the other rock edging into the frame on the left. So, not much of an option to shoot at more of an angle. Plus, I was really trying to get the best possible reflection, so would have chosen something very close to that angle anyway. re: luminosity layer - would you like the skin highlights to be darker? I had already worked to tone down the inevitable reflections off the skin, but a little tweaking certainly still can be done.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Stout View Post
    Jon:

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I was shooting literally between two rocks, with my lens hood touching on one side, and the other rock edging into the frame on the left. So, not much of an option to shoot at more of an angle. Plus, I was really trying to get the best possible reflection, so would have chosen something very close to that angle anyway. re: luminosity layer - would you like the skin highlights to be darker? I had already worked to tone down the inevitable reflections off the skin, but a little tweaking certainly still can be done.

Cheers

Randy
    Randy
    Yes think possibly a little less of the brightest elements.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the view of this frog you have captured. Really digging that reflection. Image quality looks very nice.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is great, love the symmetry and the 'Randy POV', sorry what I meant was - that your images convey a great, low POV.

re: luminosity layer - would you like the skin highlights to be darker?
    It would help, but a Blend mode would be better, with a graduate filter over the FG.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm late to this thread, but I really like this one Randy. Love the symmetry, sharpness and detail. I'd clone out the small slivers of light half way between your logo and the frog.