Thread: Kingfisher

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Kingfisher

Name:  KF-15-1600.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  572.6 KB

A Kingfisher circa 2015. Was hoping to have a real crack at these this year, but like most of the world, I'm just playing with old files!

Canon 5d3
    500mm f4
    ISO 1600
    1/200th, f4

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really sparkles...looks like a bit of compression artifacts if you look close.
    Very nice.
    Dan Kearl

3. Thanks Mike Poole thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mike:

As Dan mentioned, lovely colors, really nice. Interesting perch, which has detail by the bird, but doesn't overpower him. Small thing is the blurriness of the perch where it runs out of DOF, but the bird draws our attention very effectively.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

5. Thanks Mike Poole thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The KF looks great. The little feet are precious.
    Lovely perch-too bad it gets OOF on the RHS.
    Nice BG.
    IQ excellent.
    Just wish for a slightly better HA but certainly lovely as is,
    Gail

7. Thanks Mike Poole thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful view of this colorful stunner. Don't mind the OOF perch as it leads to the main event. TFS

9. Thanks Mike Poole thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really digging the colors in this one. From the bird to that green background the go very well together. Detail is great.

11. Thanks Mike Poole thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mike, this is a spectacular shot of what I believe to be a male Green Kingfisher, which you can only find down in southern Texas. Being in the east all I get to see are the Belted variety but they both share endless entertainment and admiration for how well they can fish hardly ever resting, chattering nearly every minute of the day. You got one! And, it's as if he chose to pose for you right on that perfect perch. It must have been quite a site to see and no wonder you still remember it. Sure you debated whether to work on the focus business on the right side but you have to work at taking your eyes off the subject to even notice it. Definitely a prize-winning shot. Nice going! Dave

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harwood View Post
    Mike, this is a spectacular shot of what I believe to be a male Green Kingfisher, which you can only find down in southern Texas. Being in the east all I get to see are the Belted variety but they both share endless entertainment and admiration for how well they can fish hardly ever resting, chattering nearly every minute of the day. You got one! And, it's as if he chose to pose for you right on that perfect perch. It must have been quite a site to see and no wonder you still remember it. Sure you debated whether to work on the focus business on the right side but you have to work at taking your eyes off the subject to even notice it. Definitely a prize-winning shot. Nice going! Dave
    Thanks for the detailed comments Dave, much appreciated. However, this is a British bird - a common kingfisher for us Brits, scientific name Alcedo Atthis

regards

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is beautiful Mike!! I love everything about this one. Colors, details, BG, perch and exposure all look killer. Yes, the only flaw is the DOF falling off on the perch. If you weren't opposed to cloning it would be an easy fix to straighten that part out. This is worthy of printing!! Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You know, I posted this and then two seconds later saw your website address, which is really fine btw. Obviously I'm just feeling my way new to this crowd. If this is your common Kingfisher, lucky you! PS, my Dad was an Englishman who came to the US not even 20...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harwood View Post
    You know, I posted this and then two seconds later saw your website address, which is really fine btw. Obviously I'm just feeling my way new to this crowd. If this is your common Kingfisher, lucky you! PS, my Dad was an Englishman who came to the US not even 20...
    Thanks for your kind comments Dave, look forward to seeing some of your work as well

Mike

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk