Thread: Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus. Male

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bearded Tit, Panurus biarmicus. Male

Image from seven years ago, shot in february on a cold winterday. Literally in the last two minutes of sunshine that day, so pretty warm light. The diffuse foreground is caused by a blanket of seed, coming from the plants wich form the background. Those who are not familiair with this birds, it's size is 16 centimeter.
    To avoid a discussion, I did not change anything to the background, it is almost exactly like the RAW file!!

Canon 1D mark4. Lens 500 mm / F4 plus 1.4 extender (the old one). Diafragma 5.6 and 1/640. Hardly any noise reduction, Topaz.

Hmmm, was missing the image!!!

Name:  12020379.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  504.9 KB
    Last edited by Daniel Cadieux; 04-05-2020 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Image was missing from Pane 1

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jan,
    This is an absolutely beautiful frame.
    Love the bird (on my bucket list to see someday), the light, the out of focus (OOF) foreground and the little seed in the mouth. The whites on the throat are a little bit hot but not a big issue. If you haven't tried to recover some detail in this area already, it would be worth redoing the PP on that area.
    Only thing that could improve this lovely image would be that the bird was looking left instead of right. As it is, the left side of the bird's head is a bit in shadow. But still a gorgeous frame.
    Gail

3. Thanks Jan van Holten thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jan, I fixed the post for you and the image now appears on the first pane.

I agree with Gail, beautiful image all-around. I love the dreamy feel to the oof foreground. Great light. An important element to the story of the image is not only the seeds in the bill, but the in focus ones visible just next to the bird. If anyhting I would lightly lighten the subtly shadowed part of the face. Gorgeous image!

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gail bisson View Post
    Jan,
    This is an absolutely beautiful frame.
    Love the bird (on my bucket list to see someday), the light, the out of focus (OOF) foreground and the little seed in the mouth. The whites on the throat are a little bit hot but not a big issue. If you haven't tried to recover some detail in this area already, it would be worth redoing the PP on that area.
    Only thing that could improve this lovely image would be that the bird was looking left instead of right. As it is, the left side of the bird's head is a bit in shadow. But still a gorgeous frame.
    Gail
    Thanks for the comment. Moved from Aperture to COP. Unfortunatly, Aperture was so old, that I was not able to move my RAW images to the COP database. Had to change everything into TIFF format, so I'am a little bit limited with my editing. Tried already to recover details on the throat, but this was it. Love to keep some of the shadow to.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Hi Jan, I fixed the post for you and the image now appears on the first pane.

I agree with Gail, beautiful image all-around. I love the dreamy feel to the oof foreground. Great light. An important element to the story of the image is not only the seeds in the bill, but the in focus ones visible just next to the bird. If anyhting I would lightly lighten the subtly shadowed part of the face. Gorgeous image!
    Thanks you for the help. Don't know if I pussed the wrong button, but I was missing my image to. A question, are members themselve are able to delete an item? If so, I would solved the problem myself!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You're welcome Jan! You may have pressed a wrong button, it can happen. After creating a thread you only have a short amount of time to delete or modify it (i believe it is 10 minutes or so). After that, you need to contact a moderator. Thank you very much for the membership support as well!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very neat looking frame. Love the light and that setting. Very cool looking bird. Love the name as well.

9. Thanks Jan van Holten thanked for this post