Thread: Red-legged partridge

Threaded View

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red-legged partridge

Attached Images Attached Images

Well, we are still being allowed to take some exercise and residing at our other 'bolt hole', I thought I would checkout the Little owl location and yes, he is around, but managed to bag this one as well.

Normally I wouldn't post anything without processing it back home and the MacBook Pro is crap for processing, so this is almost straight from camera, the only thing I have done is 'corrected' (so to speak) the WB, removed a grass highlight and applied some minimal sharpening and as Jon A has seen the raw I'm sure he could vouch that nothing more has been done. The files are clean, no need for any NR and for once, it locks on, the camera appears to be producing sharp images and the mirrorless is a joy, albeit no EVF.

So, one file from the EOS1-DX MKIII with minimal processing and I think I had switched to 'mirrorless' because these guys spook oh so easily, you normally can't get this close and being a 'game' bird is it surprising? It, came to me.

Thanks to those who viewed or commented on the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Red-legged partridge (Alectoris rufa)
    Camera: Canon EOS-1DX MKIII
    Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM
    Exposure: 1/800s at f/8 ISO1250
    Original format: Portrait, very slight crop from above
    Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2020

Note: The subject is fully wild and completely unconstrained. Besides the potential impact of my presence, nothing has been done to intentionally alter or affect the ongoing behavior of the subject and, of course, there has been no use of any form of bait or other form of wildlife attractants (including vocalisations) in the capture of this image.