Thread: Tiger stroll

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger stroll

Attached Images Attached Images

A tiger walks by on a morning game drive at Bandhavgarh. Light was at a premium so luckily shot slightly ETTR.
    5D IV
    100 400 II at 220mm
    1/2500
    f/6.3
    ISO 12800

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev I have looked and went elsewhere and came back again. I think the high ISO doesn't help but I feel the processing is all a little high key. I wonder did you need ISO 12800? or a shutter speed of 1/2500 sec, I understand the drive for a sharp image but I think the colours and brightness are a little awry, my guess this is in part due to high ISO.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 03-21-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Sanjeev,

Wonderful sighting of this beautiful tiger in its environment. Love the pose with raised paw and focused look in the subject's eyes. Good POV and framing.

Face is very sharp with good detail, I just feel that in terms of colour this can be improved. Made a tiny adjustment on my laptop, let me know what you think?

Hope all is good on your side and that you and family are safe Thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

4. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this tiger taking a stroll. Like the inclusion of the environment here. Framing is right on as well. Image qualiity looks great for that ISO. Gabriela's repost is a nice improvement.

6. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev good that you got him out in the open and I like the slight angled approach as he passes by you.

For as long as we are all under this 'self containment' I will be working only on the laptop as we are moving back & fourth between houses and so my comments can only be as a 'global' POV.

Yes high ISO will affect the Dynamic range and IQ but without seeing the Raw there could also be other factors that have come into play. The WB is off, you need a hint more on the Temp and more 'Green' in the Tint, only then once you have that can you colour manage.

Sanjeev/Haseeb I will forward a a VT clip which may help you understand your techs.

TFS
    Steve

8. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ... good to see you got the tiger walking out in the open . I do like the overall comp and the inclusion of habitat .
    IQ looks better than your recent HIGH ISO postings ...
    Well color ... would interpret that differently if tis was mine , but your call .
    Gabriela´s RP is a bit `unrealistic` IMHO , too warm for the given time of shooting . But a colors are subjective .... your choice which color route you go .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- As far as I can recall the sighting, colours are a bit cold and Gabriela's RP is a bit overboard with warmth. You definitely did well in getting the tigress in the open but details are not quite there , better but could have been much better. I also remember you accidentally dialed up wrong iso .

TFS !