Thread: Bandhavgarh tiger

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bandhavgarh tiger

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,
    Have been super busy with work of late and no time to get to the iMac to post. So, here is one more from my trip last year with Haseeb. Small crop for comp.
    This was with the 5D IV and 100-400 II at 240mm.
    1/640
    f/5
    ISO 10,000

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well focused good and sharp on the head, a little noise in the background but it does not bother me in the least. I cannot help but feel it is a little lacking in colour, - perhaps the shadows have been lifted a tad too much?? I may also have been tempted to add some subtle vignette effect.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev, personally I would have preferred the 1DX at this ISO, the 5 has a ceiling of 12.800 and I feel it doesn't quite reach the files of the 1DX.

I think you did well, but a fraction more to the right in positioning would have given you a better frame IMHO. I think also there is a tad too much above and to the right, here a bit more on the LHS may have had a better balance? Noise, Contrast and sharpening are fighting a little bit, creating a more crunchy appearance, but I if the file was based on ETTR, then you would have had a better basis to work with. Was the file lifted, ie lightened in the face? Agree with Jon, re colour, how far you want to take it is for you, but a tad of balancing, a level saturation adj, likewise a HSL adj too, may give/offer a bit more depth.

Food for thought on the RP Sanjeev.

TFS
    Steve

4. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ... great to see you found time to visit here .
    As said most of the time , always special to see and photograph these cats .
    I do like the image from the tiger content POV , the hard angle is ok and the open jaw is a nice addition to see the large fangs . The shrub in front is unfortunate ... but as with Haseebīs rhino nothing you could have done . Here I find it more distracting as it covers parts of the face ...IMHO .

From the technical POV ... well .... not hat great to be honest . Personally even Steveīs RP does it not make better ..... sorry folks . All looks dirty and flat ..

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I first thought this was too tight in the frame looking at the thumbnail. But i think it works well. The pose is nice. Yes the branches in front of the face are not ideal. But that's the way she goes sometimes.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- I liked the overall scene but the IQ is suffering . The light was pretty low and the 5d IV isn't helping either. I think the RP is an improvement but overall it is not quite up there.

TFS !

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev was this in Bandhavghar, the light looks familiar the images have a kind of slightly misty look about them (mine did!)