Thread: One-Horned Indian Rhino !

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default One-Horned Indian Rhino !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Well, I had been travelling to North east India for the One horned Rhino, to some of the least visited areas by tourists and the trip turned out to be a memorable one in terms of photo opportunities and the encounters in the Wild. Rhino count is on the rise slowly but it will take time and much more effort to achieve a health population.

This was my first ever Rhino sighting from India and like its African cousin, the OHIR is quite a Tank and even bigger than the African Rhinos. Saw this Rhino grazing near by a forest track and had an opportunity to go to its eye level for a better POV.

I was on a 500 mm lens and the light was at a premium , so I had to pump up that iso and keeping ETTR in mind , I had quite a good raw file to work upon.

Framing wise it was getting difficult to accommodate the Rhino fully in the frame and hence ended up clipping its hind portion on the RHS as viewed.

Will be posting more Rhinos and other wild species from this part of the forest in the coming days.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, HSL, selective colour, NR , sharpening, stretched the canvas at the foot.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ETTR, ss 1/800, f/4.0, iso 16,000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 03-12-2020 at 01:12 AM.