Thread: Final tap!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Final tap!

Attached Images Attached Images

My apologies for my 6 month absence,
    my wife Rossana, our dog Pretzel and I have relocated back home to Australia after 7 years living in Switzerland and then relocated away from our home state of NSW up to the tropics of Far North QLD and designing our new home. Access to my image files/HDD's weren't possible until recently.

This last (NOV/DEC) trip where this image was captured saw many encounters of cheetah mothers with families of 7 (Mara)....YES 7 , 6 (Lemek) 4 plus another 4 (Naboisho) and the famous 5 bros coalition Tano Bora from the Mara, so very blessed indeed!

Kisaru ankle taps an Impala and successfully brings her down, with 6 (4 mth old) hungry cubs to feed, she needs to hunt just about every day! This mother was amazing and with so few vehicles around this time of year I had the privilege to watch her hunt successfully on 4 different occasions with 1 hunt seeing her take down
    a pregnant Impala and then abandon it to grab a (also) pregnant Thompsons Gazelle all in a heavy downpour lasting an hour (images to follow )
    Lemak concession, Mara.

Bean bag front pax seat, 30% crop, TK adj's, curves, levels in ACR & PS CC'20

Nikon D850
    Nikkor 70-200E FL VR
    1/800s .......Yes this was in error, more like 1/1800s was required, but felt the sharpness stands up to fair scrutiny.
    f/8
    ISO200@ 200mm

1400PX wide.

Cheers
    Marc

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the sense of motion and action here. It's like i can feel it just looking at this frame. Love the setting with all that vibrant green.

3. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's a joy to view Marc, a faster shutter speed would have been better but I think it is all about the content rather than pixel peeping looking for errors I am looking at a dynamic image that has me captivated. I am looking forward to your next post already!

5. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Marc, and a very warm welcome back to you

Great action shot, o-la-la ! Awesome sighting! Never easy to capture on camera a cheetah chase, as the species can reach speeds of about 100km/h - so very well done!

Love the lush green environment as well as framing, the desperate look on the impala's face says it all. All feet off the ground... and just look at that rudder/tail...
    Yes it would have been great to have more SS, but Jon is absolutely right : it's all about the content of this image... I personally find it thrilling and beautiful

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

7. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc ... a stunning capture to come back .
    Love the action and for sure a difficult task to get this in the frame , so well done .
    You know the technical shortcomings .... so i skip that !!!
    Framing looks good , as does the overall color and tone . Just think the soil does carry a bit too much magenta .... but this is personal taste and only a little thing .

TFS Andreas

9. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi MArc -- This is a lovely frame , very difficult to capture such fast paced action , and you have done well in doing so. I feel you were lucky in freezing the moment sharp enough at that ss.

Hope to see all the images from your special sightings. Waiting for it.

TFS !

11. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post