Thread: White-tail buck

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White-tail buck

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on 12/3/19 at 7:43AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIV
    Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
    324mm
    ISO 10,000
    f5.6
    1/200sec

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John .. nice pose and i do like the open space with the BG being very nicely separated ,

IQ is off ... really off !!! Fancy stuff going on along the edges of the subject .

Check yourself how the deer is looking imparts of the fur !!!

You have posted superb duck images with really nice IQ .... wonder why you post low IQ here ??

TFS Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John, I suspect something wrong with your conversion, the image looks soft and there is a halo round the nose, .........I bet your original was good WDYT??

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not sure what happened here. But not the best by any means.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear John,

I guess the lighting conditions were so poor that you were forced to shoot at ISO 10.000. Maybe the subject was moving (turning its head) in which case no matter how still or steady you were 1/200s was not enough. I too see the halo, not just around the nose but around the subject's ears and antlers, in a number of places - this could be due to something you have done to remove some of the noise in the BG. Or due to sharpening. It happens. If you want someone to look at the RAW just drop us a message, I am happy to take a look and I am sure so is Andreas and Jon. Steve is away but will be back soon.

Did the subject have a wound on its front left limb? Was he limping at all or it was already healed? Looks quite sore. Pose is good here and I like the environment. Should you decide to reprocess this please have a look at the edge of the frame on the RHS, not sure it is part of a tree trunk but the dark vertical mark is quite distracting.

Thank you so much for sharing, I appreciate each and every post from you Sometimes the comments/critique might seem harsh but everyone is trying to help - please feel free to get in touch with us any time

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea