Thread: Toned Leopard

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Toned Leopard

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all .. a quick & dirty one .
    Time was limited .... so i picked the low res file from a previous posting .
    The conversion made the sharpening very harsh and coarse .... so please overlook the sharpening .
    The " original " post is with fine detail .

I skip the techs .

Tritone conversion in PS .... took me 5 min

Comments as always welcome ... positive or negative .

Cheers Andreas

http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...opard-portrait here the original posting

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this one. Solid pose and the framing is right on. Great background as well.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas I'm glad you placed the link to the colour version. Usually I find myself thinking that I would definitely prefer the colour but in this case, I have no favourite I like both. The fur in the B&W as you indicated isn't quite to delicately rendered in B&W and I had a good look in the dark areas and I feel you have more detail in the colour (his ears brought me to that conclusion). I strongly suspect if you did an original raw conversion you would get what you are looking for......I am gradually coming round to B&W...gradually! I was very pleasantly surprised with the background, it had rendered very pleasingly in the B&W.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

I got my leopard, LOL - thank you! Must say I like this one a lot, first of all DoF is spot on and pose is great. BG is very pleasing and so is framing. Frame well exposed too.

Just had a look at the colour version, it is also lovely. I do like both Andreas, must say you did very well with the tritone despite the fact that you chose to work on the low resolution file.

Seems to me that zebras and leopards 'convert' well, now...how about a Bison?

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks for your kind comments ... much appreciated .

Jon - for sure the whole image has more density , and for my understanding B&W must not have to show all the details that we might like to see in color . Just my take ... two different worlds and not really comparable . For sure one can say i prefer this or that .

Cheers Andreas