BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Happy Couple...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF 100-400 I @400 f5.6 1/2700 ISO 400

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think you have shown us this couple before. Beauty definitely in the eye of the beholder.
    Good light and fine detail. An avian version of Zaphod Beeblebrox.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This two-headed beast is a really fun image! The clear background sets them off really nicely. Exposure looks great, and the sharpness/detail are almost perfect....almost. Curious of this was a point-blank shot (like the pelican I posted) or a crop. If
    it's point blank, I would expect the detail to be a bit crisper. If its a crop, then I can see where the lost-whisker of IQ went. Not a big deal as it the image is really nice as is. More just curious.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    This two-headed beast is a really fun image! The clear background sets them off really nicely. Exposure looks great, and the sharpness/detail are almost perfect....almost. Curious of this was a point-blank shot (like the pelican I posted) or a crop. If
    it's point blank, I would expect the detail to be a bit crisper. If its a crop, then I can see where the lost-whisker of IQ went. Not a big deal as it the image is really nice as is. More just curious.
    As with most of my nesting shots it is a crop to evict other birds mostly. This site is stock full of nesting birds with zero lot line housing, if you know what I mean. This is about 60% of original horizontal frame. The same with my previous nesting images which I know are tight. Sometimes not classic birds as art but I can't resist these hopeful wood storks. They just went from endangered to threatened a couple years back and now are having a few great years due to optimal water levels in south florida. And their plumage while nesting is stunning with all that fluffy white.
    Thanks as always for valued inputs.

Just looked at your awesome pelican image. That is a second generation f4 prime lens from Canon you are using. This is a first generation f5.6 zoom at it's long limit. That is apples to oranges my friend and probably more the reason than the crop. You really nailed that pelican... Who needs more pixels....
    Last edited by David Roach; 02-22-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool shot. Nice to see both of the heads in Sharp focus. Aligning of bill is nice. May be a bit more separation, I don't know for sure.

TFS

8. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quite nice. Like the poses on both birds. Depth of field covered them pretty well. The sky blue background contrasts nicely.

10. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post