Off the South Coast of Western Australia at Bremer Bay you can go out about 20 miles into the Southern Ocean with Naturaliste charters and view the Orca pods which they now think live there permanently - currently some 300 or so seems to be the guesstimate .
For those who know about these things there is these days a differentiation between the New Zealand and the Wandering Albatross this may be the former .Heavier Vermiculation!
It was a rough and over cloudy day for the cameras and we were ploughing home after 7 hours and plenty of orcas when this young lady appeared. Nearly 12 ft wingspan and probably a young female. After falling up the stairwell yet again I luckily got about a dozen shots away as she nearly got the sun behind me. I was supposed to be at a 4000th of a second, not for the bird speed but because of the violent boat movement but as I was on auto iso for the same reason out there I think got away with inadvertantly bumping the shutter speed down.. Can't remember ever seeing one of these beauties before.

Name:  20200212-DSC_9956-Edit-2-2.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  575.4 KB

D5
500PF
1/2500th
iso 200!
25%crop
hh
all comments very welcome