Thread: Honorable round with the catch

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Honorable round with the catch

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks another Brownie image from Kamtchatka ...... surprisingly one with sun , the first afternoon was indeed nice in terms of weather . Not that much the days after ...
    Even under the cold conditions in the russian summer .... there was heat haze a problem , even more when shooting that low as i did . So image was not 100 % tack sharp .

Still like it though , this guy was running away with his catch from the surrounding bears as he was not one of the big boys .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC III
    Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 1000 ; 1/2000 sec ; man exp and auto Iso ; shot perfectly ETTR with clipping in the brightest water droplets

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2020 ; cropped and levelled for composition ; added canvas to the top of the frame ; removed a " house" from the greenery on RHS .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Action and composition are great, but as you said not as sharp as your ususal.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Boetie,

Superb action shot you have here! Framing is great, colours/tones spot on I think, love the greens in the BG too.

Noticed the sharpness issue... and techs do look good...but are you absolutely sure it was the haze and not the SS ( maybe needed more?), or perhaps FP a bit off?

Really love this, the sharp claws above the water, the fish I guess still alive at that stage...Glad you shared, Andreas - I took great pleasure viewing, and not just from behaviour POV

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- This looks superb , sharpening not quite there and heat haze looks more of problem as described you. But I liked the low angle and the colours. This has come out nicely , with good tones and subject nicely popping against the bkg. The fish and spraying blood also adds to the moment. This is indeed a good image .

Nice one.

TFS !

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the framing and colours here Andreas, but as you say, the image is soft, so more of a record shot. Hopefully with the advances in the MK3, heat haze will be less of a problem.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The low angle is great. Nice you caught a good view of the fish with the eye visible. The splashing water is nice as well.