Thread: A Green Backdrop !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Green Backdrop !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post as always much appreciated.

Had been busy with work recently and so postings from my side dropped a bit.

Here is an image of a tigress that we encountered when the parks just opened for this new season after the rainy season (monsoon), hence the vibrant greens. I would have liked those legs , especially the front legs all clear of that little mound in the fg but nothing I could have done abt it. I especially liked the the way this tigress is popping against the green backdrop , giving a nice look before disappearing in the jungle.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, levels, selective colour, HSL, NR on bkg, sharpening, cropped slightly from the top and lhs, cloned out a thin branch in the bkg.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400 f4 IS II @ 560mm, Bean Bag.

ss 1/500, f/5.6, iso 5000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice setting and pose here. Look at that belly. Framing looks good to me. I don't mind the missing feet. Not much you could do about that. Image quality looks nice for the ISO.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a nice clean image, yes would be nice to have the feet, but animals rarely do what you want. Framing looks good and nice to see your camera kit holding up whilst pushing the ISO, I like it.

BTW is this with the advice from Andreas and myself, just curious as it would be good to know.

TFS
    Steve

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

I like the framing here and expression from the Tiger, eye contact is superb. Subject does not seem in a hurry... did he stop to pose for you?

Nice and sharp despite lowish SS but then of course the subject wasn't moving, bean bag also helped. IQ is great.

Colours look good and just the right amount of 'warmth', a vivid image so pleasant to the eye. Don't mind the mound and rocks, it's all natural and nothing you could do to change things.
    I particularly like the smooth BG , your 'green backdrop' does a lot to this frame. Good title too, and I enjoyed viewing this image - very well done

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela , John and Steve , your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

@ Steve : yes indeed, this processed keeping in mind the advice I received from you guys, also it was shot ettr but just slightly towards right ( image taken in oct , before the discussion).

@ Gabriela -- The greens are so vibrant during monsoon that one has to reduce the same in PP for a more realistic feel.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

@ Steve : yes indeed, this processed keeping in mind the advice I received from you guys, also it was shot ettr but just slightly towards right ( image taken in oct , before the discussion).
    That's great Haseeb as sometimes with offer the same advise to folk, but nothing happens and images still have the same flaws. You should notice a difference and providing areas are not clipped all should be good, don't worry you have to drop the exposure because its light, as you will have more data which is key. In addition, with the 1DX MKIII you have about a stop of attitude. Often you can retrieve things, or it's just LR or PS not being able to render the info. In ALL honesty 95% of images are not clipped unless you have made a fatal error, even when you are at the correct exposure, you still have 2/3rds of a stop of latitude, it's just most of the softwares are on the cautious side unless you use a 'geeky' program that shows the exact exposure histogram.

Happy snapping and hope you can enjoy process more now.

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb .... looks good to me .
    I do like the overall setting and the pose of the tiger , for sure i do agree the feet being visible would have been better . But we cannot everything all the time.
    Colors look slightly on the dull side , but they do fit quite well to the lighting i have in mind when looking at the scene . At this size details are quite nice and fine .... even with the long SS . You seem to make progress with your editing skills ... good to see !!!

Are you still with that old DPP 4.8 ? Just 4.12 . is out .... go and get it !!!

Hope all is good on your side , Haseeb

TFS Andreas

Your tiger is looking dirty , too

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas. I will download 4.12 .

It was quite early in the morning and hence the lighting conditions were not that great , hence there wasn’t much I could have done with Tiger colours, they are more in line with the time of the day. Also, the cat was lying in some muddy area , hence the backside of hers isn’t that clean .
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 02-09-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb ... no problem , all good .
    Who told you there is not much you can do with the colors ....?? Just yourself does . There are no limits in the digital world .... well almost no limits .
    Have a great weekend ....

Cheers Andreas