Thread: Crouching tiger!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Crouching tiger!

Attached Images Attached Images

This time had just took a moment to sit down to watch his brother approach him before the sparring. Tried to get a low angle here.
    1DX II
    500 II
    1/1000
    f/4
    ISO 6400

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Think you did well to get the low angle you were going for, Sanjeev. Love the intense expression.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You did well in this situation. The low angle is nice. Good view of that eye as well. Nice and sharp. Image quality looks great for the ISO.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev, love the perspective an intense stare, was he/she looking at some Sambar?

The seed pod and grass on the nose needs to go, just too distracting and very easy to do. The hindquarters is a bit dominating, nothing you can do, but the eye is drawn I feel. I might just tweak the colour a little more to bring some richness in. Yes, it's perhaps an artistic licence, but if it improves the image then it's right in my book Sanjeev, as it's all about presenting the image to the best and so it can be happy balance between 'reality' and for 'visual'. IQ could be better, I think it's a tad too sharp, are you following andreas's advice?

TFS
    Steve

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Really great POV here and such a lovely focused pose from the Tiger! I also like the composition with some space for the subject to look into.

Must agree with Steve regarding seed pod/ grass stem, its presence somehow 'splits' the frame in half - more aesthetically pleasing after removal, do you agree ?

OP a bit 'cool' for me and I prefer Steve's version in terms of colour, I think he found the right balance. Or rather WB... Surely there's not much you can do about the "hind quarters", but just a thought...if the IQ holds I would try crop from the RHS, just a tad.

Easy to critique I know, and I too had my share of difficulty when trying to capture the local wildlife on camera...One cannot control everything...but we keep trying and hoping for the perfect shot

Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed viewing. Your contribution is much appreciated, Sanjeev

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tiger heaven Sanjeev, what a beautiful image, enhancing the forequarters really works. Removing in the seed works well but I am still happy to see it there, the same for the grass stem on top of the head and the one to left of the eye. When I see "compositional imperfection" I tend to think to myself that's a natural shot, it gives me some faith that the image is a reflection of reality. I also recall what a judge said and that was on the lines of "are you a photographer or an artist?" He was saying if you painted the image would you for example have put that seed head there. The straight answer is no ...but it was there!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ... what a stare !! Great looking and i can almost feel the concentration of this guy . Well timed capture IMHO and you have a lovely low POV ... for sure with some shortcomings by that low POV . For me , it is all about the stare .
    For me the OP is a bit flat and lifeless in terms of color , if the color must be as warm as Steve's RP , just a matter of taste and interpretation .
    The very dominant looking hindquarter ... well it is there , and you had for sure no other options . I would have taken the shot for sure myself !!!
    What might help is .... as the hindquarter is quite bright .... try to darken the whole thing , and see how that looks .

Nice one , TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- I liked the POV , this has come out very nicely. I think you did well or rather seen nicely as I didnt went for this frame.

OP as said above is not quite upto the mark but you have image that you can certainly process again with the advice received .

Nice one, TFS !