If there was one shot I wanted from Thailand, this is it! This amazing bird visited a deep forest hide outside Kaeng Krachan NP, about 2 hours west of
Bangkok. This individual was incredibly spooky and would only come to offered worms when the array was vacated by the many squirrels which
frequented it. Woodpeckers didn't like this guy, and several chased him from the array to truncate his first of two visits during my vigil. He appeared
again 2 hours later, and there was enough light for me to close down to f/5 for a bit more DOF across him that time. Still a hella slow shutter at 1/100!

Like Daniel I also created a gallery of my favorite shots from this past year. With visits to New Zealand, Colombia, and Thailand, I certainly saw a
lot of cool birds last year! There are 19 shots in the gallery, and the shooting info, circumstances, and relevant trivia are indicated under each.

https://www.dorianandersonphotograph...019-Favorites/

Almost needless to say, this shot is included among my favorites! Wish all my Thailand shots were this sharp......

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II on EOS 1DX2
1/100 at f/5, ISO 3200
Processed in LR CC. Strong NR on background. Cloned a few light spots of the mound/perch. All natural light despite catchlight suggesting otherwise.

Name:  blue pitta 010320.jpg
Views: 6995
Size:  583.5 KB