Thread: Tiger stroll...

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger stroll...

Attached Images Attached Images

As both Haseeb & Sanjeev know, the sound of racing jeeps, plumes of dust and loud chitchat can only mean one thing - a Tiger!!!!

Jeeps converged from all directions, pure, yet well orchestrated chaos, as everyone merged into one clearing overlooking this waterhole, breaking late our jeep hit a massive bolder - brace, brace, brace came the words, gripping all the kit we did so, then composed ourselves, searched in all directions and then, all the arms went up and pointed all to the right, as this Tiger slowly and confidently crossed the stone walkway, occasionally turning towards us all in wonder of what all the noise was.

Thanks to those who viewed or commented on the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Tiger (Panthera tigris) walkabout
    Camera: Canon 5DIV (not calibrated, AF manually adjusted)
    Lens: 500 f/4 MKII with 1.4X MKIII
    Exposure: 1/1600s at f/8 ISO1000
    Original format: Landscape, FF
    Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2020

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the contrasting light, good job it fell on the tiger!! I like he pose of the tiger and the environment. As usual processing looks excellent. I don't know if you took especial care with the water but the reflections look super.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve a lovely shot in avery cool setting !!! The tiger has done a perfect job in posing for you including the right head turn .
    Lovely colors across the image .... and i do love the coloration of the stones in the BG ... those reds/magenta rocks are looking stunning .
    I am not too fuzzed about the added depth/darkness in the water , i know you want to emphasise the tiger .... but maybe less dominant or smoother fall off . The grass that grows out of the subjects back is a bit unfortunate .... but it is there , and you have to live with it .
    Well composed and the image does have a super 3D feel due to its structural nature , emphasised by your edits .

Nice work and lucky you were at the location .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see the tiger on those rocks surrounded by the water. Like the raised foot. Nice and sharp with good detail.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, this is a cracker . I loved this one !

You are very good in your field craft and with PP skills , the result is this gem of a frame.

Loved the settings and those fine looking colours and details in the Tiger. i also liked the dark waters and the rocky settings , this is a classic frame with Ranthambore written all over it.

A cat to die for indeed , what a fine image to start my day.

Superbly done, TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve, a fine image with wonderful setting. The rocks, the pose of the tiger and the colours look amazing. Nice head angle and techs. Very nice indeed.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

By all means, despite the chaos and fever mounting with the arrival of the Tiger at the scene you still managed to nail this one, Steve - wonderful work

Super techs and perfect framing, lovely scenery and beautiful light. Environment is superb, such striking colours. I like the hesitant pose from the subject, he is on guard, paw raised, maybe wondering 'what is this fuss all about?'

This is a high quality image well processed and with so much to look at, such a pleasure to view. I also enjoyed reading the intro and comments from everyone, Haseeb's last line sums it up perfectly: "a classic frame with Ranthambore written all over it"

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks much appreciated.

Jon, the water was almost 'black' I just tweaked it to add a bit more tone, contrast & depth.

Gabriela, what can I say, but I know how 'busy' you currently are and that you can only dip in & out over the next month or two, but if does lift everyones spirts when you are back on and contributing to the treads. Hopefully we may even get to see an image or two when time allows.
    In the meantime, all the very best, keep one nostril above the swamp and only when you have time, please swing by.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you very much dear Steve, I so appreciate your kind thoughts and understanding

Love to be here and hope to contribute with some images of my own soon, thought I'd catch up first - must say I am really enjoying the critique and conversation on some of the threads
    Gabriela Plesea