Thread: After branch placement, he shakes and fluffs

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default After branch placement, he shakes and fluffs

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF400 DO I 2xtc II f11 1/200 ISO 2000

One last image of the cleaner nest from that dark/blustery morning. At this shutter speed, the beginning of his shake off has slight motion blur, which I like. In the following frames he covers her. My main question is did I successfully remove magenta cast? Cropped from horizontal and a little off the top as both had necks pulled. My vertical tries at this length almost always cut wings.
    Thanks as always for valued inputs.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice frame, David. Sounds like you had some difficult light. I like the windswept plumage and the contrast between the birds and the background.

I find the details quite muddy, possibly due to motion blur or excessive NR. If the RAW is sharp, then I think you'd be able to squeeze more details out of the birds with some careful processing. I don't see a magenta cast, but I'd probably warm the image up a touch. More room at the bottom of the frame would also help as the legs are too close to the edge of the frame IMO. Hope that helps

TFS

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to have almost identical poses. The setting is great. Nice to have that distant background as well.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Color balance looks OK to me, and the birds stand out nicely from the underlying sticks. Their faces looked a bit smoothed out, perhaps from NR? Any reason you went with f/11 and ISO 2000 as opposed to f/8 and ISO 1000? I wouldn't think you'd need the extra DOF in this instance. Square-ish crop is a bit awkward as well. Curious how it would look with more traditional proportions.

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post