Thread: Fight Club 2 !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fight Club 2 !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Here is another image from the same sequence that I posted previously. I liked the raised tails of both tigers and the expression along with the moment. Had to crop from lhs and sadly no space on rhs and at the top , also, slightly stretched the canvas and redid the clipped paw of tiger on lhs as viewed.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2020, WB,Curves, selective colour, NR, crop as mentioned in the intro, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1000, f/4.0, iso 10,000.

Looking forward all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice action. Like the view of the left tiger, he looks quite muscular. The dark background is nice as well. Image quality looks good for the high ISO.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I think this is a better frame, but feel there is more you can extract from the file, albeit viewing on the laptop. As previous pushing the ISO would have helped. I do like the head angles and placement of the paws, but zooming out giving the opportunity to shoot with having all of the subjects in and the environment may have offered a better option?

Took a punt at a RP, probably way off, but ensured no clipping either the whites or blacks.

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb another good frame from that situation !! I personally like the first one more , because of the subjects positions .
    Good to see you kept the tonal and color thing .... similar !!!! And not going completely other way ...
    I am ok with overall color/tone combo .... might change some minor things , but nothing major.

Steve`s RP ... matter of taste . Not my taste this time .

TFS Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve`s RP ... matter of taste . Not my taste this time .
    As I said Andreas, I'm flying blind to a degree, but do feel there is more.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No problem just comment to what i see .... blind or not .... so not to be taken toooo serious .

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

I like this, also looks sharper to me than the previous one, albeit it lacks vibrance and colour. I prefer Steve's RP although it might be a tad more saturated than expected in terms of the orange in the subject's coat. It's not way off Steve, you will see when you get to view on your big screen at home I like the 'punch'.

Haseeb, I would play around a bit here even if the final version ends up a bit far from reality. Would darken the BG further and make it almost black, for a very dramatic effect. If you decide to go for a vignette then it must be very subtle. Just an idea, haven't had a chance to try it but thought I'd mention it.

Thank you so much for sharing, have a great week ahead!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela , John, Steve and Andreas , much appreciated.

I agree , OP colours are muted but it was what it was at that time, hence, didn’t deviated from what I saw and appeared to me.

But I am open to trying the above suggestions and certainly Steve’s RP is a matter of choice but nonetheless a good alternative. As suggested by Gabriela I will try darkening the BKG and for sure I know it will be more dramatic but will definitely look good.