Thread: Brothers in Arms ....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brothers in Arms ....

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all .... well the title is not really correct , as these two Grey Seal bulls were fighting very hard and very long . The longest and hardest fight i have ever witnessed on Helgoland .... as always one of them was the winner , both were totally exhausted and bloody all over the body at the end . But that's how it goes if you have two bulls with the same power and strength !!!
    I just love those action shots .... always difficult to shoot correctly , as even these seals move fast !!!! Would not believe when you see them moving in their daily routine .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L
    Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 25.600 ; 1/2000 sec ; man exp and auto iso

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2020 ; slightly cropped to 85% of FF

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Spectacular Andreas, ecellent tonal rendition, super action and very sharp too! Pretty much noise free - well done!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Definitely Andreas you are good at processing, such good details even at that high iso , Canon should promote Your's and Steves images for marketing their flagship model.

Coming to the image, I liked the expression and that flying sand, liked the framing as well , completely takes the viewer to the action and expressions. Even though the blood is involved but it doesnt appear gross at all.

A fine posting which clearly shows how a good photographer with excellent PP skills can produce superb images.

TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Andreas, great action and content, with nice PP work and composition. The very high ISO has been handled expertly by you. Well done.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The image clearly shows that cameras can capture action that was otherwise unachievable a few years ago Andreas, with reasonable IQ. Yes, it's not going to print out too well, but as a 'record' shot it illustrates the behaviour very well. I'm just wondering based on the kit, if f/5.6 would have been better and then have gone to 1/3200+?

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the action captured here. The sand flying and the blood make this one. Image quality looks great for that high ISO. Nice framing as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Haseeb, John , Steve and Sanjeev for your kind comments .

Steve we both know about the shortcomings of this file when it comes to the output end , it does have it limitations of use . Specially when we discuss about the IQ .... . Thinking about some years back .... well all would be blurred due to the usable ISO . So again i am happy with the available output and still surprised what can be achieved in terms of quality .

Cheers Andreas