Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 7d mark II
    Canon 70/200 f.2,8 plus extender 1,4
    iso 1800
    1/5000
    f,8

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Giovanni .... what a cool sighting , very special . Never seen an image posted here on BPN of this rare cat species .

The scenery is nice and you have a great backdrop . Just wish the cat would be more visible .

The techs look a bit overcooked on the shutter side and i am surprised to see all the noise in the sky . There is not much fine detail in the image .... might be the 7D ??!! Color and tones are looking quite ok to me.

TFS Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Gio,

Happy New Year to you, and great to see you post again!

Indeed a rare species, don't remember ever seeing an image of a Pallas's cat before, other than in reference books Environment is stunning ( where in the world did you capture this? ) and I really wish you posted this bigger (1920 pixels on the long side and less than 600kb)

A very elusive creature and rather small ( about 50 cm long, excluding tail) here probably stalking (?) so unfortunately it almost disappears among the vegetation. Not easy to focus on such a small subject and especially when flat on the ground and among grasses of the same colour as its fur. In other words not enough contrast for the camera to distinguish, so on this occasion I would have tried manual focus.

Difficult situation but what an amazing sighting, thank you for sharing Gio. Hope you have more on this special cat, would love to see

Kind regards,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The setting here is great. Really like all that snow. Never have heard of a pallas cat. Now i know. Pretty interesting cat did some reading about them. I like how the cat is hidden in the short grass.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    The setting here is great. Really like all that snow. Never have heard of a pallas cat. Now i know. Pretty interesting cat did some reading about them. I like how the cat is hidden in the short grass.

This is better also if without a background ?

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this much more Gio, because one can see the cat better and the eye contact is great.

Would have been good if you posted this in a new thread and gave us the techs as well as some details regarding workflow.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea