Thread: Tigerscape-Bandhavgarh

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tigerscape-Bandhavgarh

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,
    This female tiger (spotted by Haseeb out of nowhere) by name Dotty emerged out of the woods so decided to go wide to encompass the beauty of the forest.
    I should have lowered the ISO to maybe 6400 but well there was no time to adjust.
    5D IV
    100-400 II
    1/1600
    f/5.6
    ISO 12800

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really starting to dig this type of frames that show the animal so well in their environment. Nice pose and the setting is great. The image quality looks quite good for the high ISO.

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love seeing environment in the shot, so this one works well for me. Lovely alert pose from the cat, it must be a real rush when the suddenly appear.

The tones look a little bright to me. I'll admit to not knowing the exact colours as I have never been to that part of the world, but I tried a RP for a rough Ida, just a little darker in general and some more noise reduction for the BG. Has to reduce the quality quite a bit to fit the forum size, so this isn't definitive by any stretch

Edit - the reduction in size isn't showing the NR off - apologies as it looks a little clunky

Name:  _B6A5206RP1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  552.2 KB

Mike

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev, I like the framing but the 1DXMKII would have given you a better result IMHO, unless this is a big crop? Agree, 6400 would have been better too, for several reasons, however it's always easier with hindsight, but remember for the future. The 100-400 would nail the sharpness here Sanjeev. I feel the OP is a bit thin, noisy and the WB needs correcting to give you a better platform to then Colour manage, get the 'Global' aspect right in the raw converter, then tweak the colours in PS, best way, sorry, only way.

Mikes RP is slightly better, a tad more punch, but now carrys a blue bias (see the white fur) and in the greens and a bit more red.

You need to address the NR & WB first Sanjeev then move on, this is not ideal and a tad more NR than I would prefer, however you start to get more depth & layering, albeit working from the OP. You could add a Vignette to draw the eye, but...???

Nice encounter.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- A sighting out of no where indeed, sometime it helps to be attentive on the field when it comes to the Tiger, anything can happen.

Glad that you managed to get the head facing towards us rather than adjusting settings before clicking , like I did and missed the look towards the camera.

I can see a bit of noise in the OP but still you have done well considering the situation. This sight should have been captured using a wider lens as the feel of the forest is enhanced in such cases. Steve's RP has deifinitely improved things and the colours looks more accurate as per that scene as I can recall .

nice one,

TFS !