Thread: Tiger at last!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger at last!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,
    Finally, I managed to get out of my work schedule to get some tigers in the amazing Bandhavgarh NP, India. It was a delight to meet up with Haseeb again and we did some safaris there. To our good luck, we did get some decent sightings. Here is one that I had always wanted to see and photograph. This was in Magdhi area. This is Dotty's cub, they had made a kill and here he was quenching his thirst. We were the only vehicle when this happened in the evening. Many thanks to Haseeb for everything!
    1DX II
    500mm
    1/1600
    f/9
    ISO 3200

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this tiger and a nice setting. My first thought was this would make a nice vertical with the reflection. But you would loose the tail. I see you are at f/9 do you need that much depth of field here?

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev, this is awesome, to get a Tiger drinking is cool, but head on like this, out in the open without any distracting elements, very envious. I bet you two had a celebratory beer when you got back, but just the one!

Techs are spot on and i like the slightly off-set placement with the tail to the right and being visible. My only thought would be to perhaps go 16x10, darken the FG as everything is just a bit flat and then punch in some colour via some warming of the WB, reduce the blue, Curves, a tad of Saturation, but with this one, a hint more Vibrance as the OP looks a tad cool with the blue creeping in too.

Sanjeev this is a real belter of an image to close off the year & decade with, huge respect on this one.

TFS
    Steve

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve, thanks a lot. Appreciate your kind words. Your RP is rocking and has lifted the image to its correct point. I did celebrate it with shot of Vodka & lime (as it was too cold ) with Haseeb giving company with black coffee by the bon fire.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I did celebrate it with shot of Vodka & lime (as it was too cold) with Haseeb giving company with black coffee by the bon fire.
    Excellent Sanjeev and I will raise a glass tonight to you both, but purely medicinal!

When you know you are coming over here next, give me a heads up and fire the file over as I will try and do a print for you.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super shot Sanjeeve, congratulations, I saw Dotty and the leg and tail of one of her cubs! Eventually I am getting I think a slightly better eye for colour, I see a slight blue cast in the original, for brevity's sake I would suggest a little more oomph, slightly more colour and contrast. Nevertheless a super shot, love the composition.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, I will be in UK in May, have a conference in Edinburgh. Will be a delight to receive that gift from you

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Send me the Raw when you can Sanjeev. BTW I too plan to be in Edinburgh in May, 5-11th, spooky.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- Indeed a delightful sighting and image. Loved the drinking pose and the light. Steve's RP definitely improve things in terms of colours and oomph. I liked the framing and the tongue sticking out. Your image has slightly bluish cast as pointed out by Jon.

Nicely done. Keep them coming .

TFS.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 12-23-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ... agree a stunning shot , the free view and the head on shot is making it for me .

All in all a great image , just the colors in the OP are a bit off . Still think the cam should deliver finer detail ........ and why have you used F9 ?

TFS Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome capture Sanjeev, this is a frame I am sure many of us dream about

Nice POV and the eye contact is fantastic, great techs and framing is spot-on.

Steve's RP is superb, does justice to the scene and beautiful tiger. Hope this frame goes to print soon

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea