Thread: Tiger (Panthera tigris)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger (Panthera tigris)

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the boss of Banhavgargh he is called Bheem, he has a significant injury to his nose, he is getting on now and is probably not going to be boss for much longer, having said that he very quickly frightened off another male with a couple of short roars, no one messes with Bheem this year!

Hand held
    Olympus : E-M1X
    Lens focal length : 110 mm
    Focal length in 35 mm film : 220.0mm
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    Photographic Sensitivity : 3200
    Exposure bias : 0 EV
    Exposure time : 1/500 sec
    F number : F4.5
    Flash : OFF

LR & PSCC

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jon, great to see a Tiger out in the open.

Nice raised front paw, that cautious look and you did what I managed not to and that was to avoid the tree. What I don't like is the use of vibrance which has bathed the whole image in a warm yellow/orange colouring the neutrals and everything else. Remove that, you then have a more cleaner file to then adjust. OK with your IS 1/500 walking I feel is just and no more, f/4.5 is what, f/7.1 so doF about right.

Looking forward to seeing more, but please without Vibrance. If you want to add something then call me.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this beast. The tiger looks great out in the open with that walking pose. Nice and sharp with good detail. Also nice to get a sense of the environment.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon. Great to see Bheem here and the animal being out in the open is nice. I agree the colours look a bit saturated and the slight cast Steve is talking about. Steve's RP is better.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Jon -- Glad that you managed to get this individual Bheem. I have never managed to get a sight of him . A solid unit he is. Dominant and huge.

I liked the side profile that you have captured and the inclusion of environment as well.

Steve's RP definitely helps in terms of colour, I myself have suffered from adding vibrance, hence something toponder over in your future posts.

But a nice Tiger image and this individual makes it even more special .

TFS !

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Jon,

Beautiful Tiger and I like the environment, especially deep green vegetation in the BG. Nice pose, the raised paw shows the subject is 'on the move'

Composition works, although I might have gone for a more pano crop if this was mine. Good thinking on DoF. Tiger looks sharp with good detail.

I read Steve's comment about Vibrance - he does not miss anything, would you agree Don't think he meant one should not use it at all, but selectively, only where needed

Very special sighting and image, enjoyed viewing as well as reading the Intro. BTW I am beginning to know those Indian Tigers by the name... even though I have yet to see one in real life

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea