Thread: Bandhavgarh Hunk !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bandhavgarh Hunk !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and sugegstions to my previous post as always much apprciated.

Here is another Tiger image, I hope Tigers are not boring you.

This is an elusive male tiger from Bandhavgarh which I posted earlier under, "On The Rocks series". This guy briefly held his ground for a nice view of his side profile , with long built and full of muscle. A pretty good looking Tiger with a nice mane and built. Light was vanishing quickly and people were pretty unsettled in the vehicle and hence i had to go for high ISO to get the necessary shutter and kept the lens wide open at f4.

This Tiger is not a regular these days. Jon did you get to see this individual in Bandhavgarh on your trip ?

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, selective colour, one and of NR, sharpening, stretched the canvas at the foot of the frame.

Canon 1DX MKII, Canon 500 mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1250, f/4.0, iso 6400.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions , be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

Don't think anyone can ever get bored with your Tigers, keep them coming please! No two images are the same

This is a beauty of a male, fit and strong and I love those patterns. What strikes me most is that direct stare, I think it's awesome. POV is great, well taken and good timing too. Framing looks good after stretching the canvas, just take care with those repetitive patterns, I can see a few

Colours overall a bit muted but I do understand light wasn't in your favour. If you wish, a little curve adjustment and some vibrance I think would make a difference. I have not tried though - just like you I am pressed for time, in my case it's work and late hours in the evenings behind the computer.

Looking forward to more images from you when time permits, I really appreciate this post and enjoyed viewing, very much!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Gabriela -- Thank you so much for your reply. Tried to incorporate your suggestions by doing a slight curves adjustment and vibrance is also added. Also tried to remove duplication in patterns .

Let me know WDYT.

Thank you once again, your comments and suggestions are always appreciated .
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 12-03-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes I think it is an improvement Haseeb, I can see the difference. And FG looks better too
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, I am currently without a PC, one of my hard drives has packed up so it is in for repairs, I am also having problems with Bridge/ACR - some problem with the graphics card. Since coming back I have all sorts of problems resulting in reprocessing several hundred images in Lightroom (I think Steve has finally converted me - this is my 5th attempt!!) only to lose them all again! I still have my raw files on a mirror drive and I still have them on the SD cards so it's only a matter of reprocessing yet again.
    Getting back to your image, I suspect I did see this one was it Kajri? There is a big old boss tiger called Bheem - he has a split nose I also have him. I am currently viewing on my wife's PC which is not calibrated so I am afraid I cannot offer any meaningful comments on colour etc. The image appears to be sharp and well exposed DOF looks fine, I like the view where there are no obvious roadways and tyre tracks. At moments like this where the tigers were relatively static I dropped the shutter speed to permit a lower ISO, I didn't use a bean bag - nowhere to rest it!
    Hopefully I can make more meaningful comments soon and maybe make a few posts.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon — Thank you for your comments.

This is a Male tiger called Banbehi Male , roams in Kajri’s territory , a shy individual and very handsome looking.

I hope all gets sorted out at your end, and you are up and running once again asap. Do let me know if I can be of any help.

all the best.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Hi Haseeb, I am currently without a PC, one of my hard drives has packed up so it is in for repairs, I am also having problems with Bridge/ACR - some problem with the graphics card. Since coming back I have all sorts of problems resulting in reprocessing several hundred images in Lightroom (I think Steve has finally converted me - this is my 5th attempt!!) only to lose them all again! I still have my raw files on a mirror drive and I still have them on the SD cards so it's only a matter of reprocessing yet again.
    Getting back to your image, I suspect I did see this one was it Kajri? There is a big old boss tiger called Bheem - he has a split nose I also have him. I am currently viewing on my wife's PC which is not calibrated so I am afraid I cannot offer any meaningful comments on colour etc. The image appears to be sharp and well exposed DOF looks fine, I like the view where there are no obvious roadways and tyre tracks. At moments like this where the tigers were relatively static I dropped the shutter speed to permit a lower ISO, I didn't use a bean bag - nowhere to rest it!
    Hopefully I can make more meaningful comments soon and maybe make a few posts.
    Jon, so sorry about your hard drive issue and graphics card - must be painful, hope all gets sorted soon. I too wish to help but don't know how, drop me a line if there's anything I can get for you here in SA ( graphics card, etc).

Really looking forward to see those images from your last trip but will wait patiently until you manage to process them again.

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, nice to see a Tiger out in the open, irrespective of the lighting conditions. The environment has certainly helped, with little distracting elements and so the viewer just focuses on the Tiger. Personally I might just clean up those lighter areas near the face, but again just personal POV. I would go somewhere between the OP & the RP, as the light is muted and so you would not get saturated colours. However, it all depends, current trends want pushy, saturated, contrasty images, I prefer to try to reflect more of a'natural' scene, but again, it's all personal choice.

Techs look OK, although I might try to get a bit more tonal range in the FG to get some layering.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve -- I totally agree with lighting conditions and muted colours, cant be much vibrant. One cant overlook the current trend of pushy images , especially on instagram, but it should look as natural as possible and also cant loose details for a visual delight.

Liked your version which you emailed me, fine adjustments but helps the image positively.

Thank you for your inputs, much appreciated.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

One cant overlook the current trend of pushy images , especially on instagram, but it should look as natural as possible and also cant loose details for a visual delight.
    Instagram is very 'image' based and yes some images are pushed to the extreme to gain IMHO a possible WOW factor, but here I d think/feel we owe it to our subject, but again just my take and never wishing to dictate a POV.

Liked your version which you emailed me, fine adjustments but helps the image positively.
    I do feel now Haseeb, it's just honing of those finer, small details that you now need to look at and nail the image from camera to PP.

Cheers
    steve

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a nice image of the tiger in the open with that 'look'. Agree on the colours, somewhere between OP and RP would be best. Techs look nice for the low light. The face lacks fine detail which could be due to higher ISO. TFS. Looking forward to some tiger sightings in the near future.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see the tiger out in the open. The pattern of the stripes on the body is very neat. Looks like quite the unit.