Thread: Yellow-throated Vireo

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-throated Vireo

Attached Images Attached Images

Reviewing images from earlier in the year and came across this image. Taken back in August. This is the only image I have of a Yellow-throated Vireo. White-eyed Vireos are one of the most common birds I see.
    I see quite a few Warbling Vireos also. Apparently these aren't very common. I searched this forum and could only find two posts of this species, the last being in 2012. I didn't think too much of the image at the
    time as it appears to be a juvenile. It looks like immature white wing bar feathers, maybe I'm wrong about that. Removed some background clutter.

Nikon D500, 500mmF4VRII, TC-14EIII

f8, 1/400s, iso640 Can't remember what I was thinking, I don't usually drop that slow on the shutter speed

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful little bird, feather detail, color, exposure and background all look good. I think it is unfortunate that the bird chose to perch in the area with the branches coming off. But it is hard enough to get a nice image like this so we take what is offered. Thank you for sharing, Jack.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful bird, great colours, perfect head angle. I love the blue legs and feet. I actually like the two twigs going down. Looks like there was some masking or other processing done as some of the branch edges look cut out. Just a bit more tweaking there is needed to smooth things out.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yeah you're right about the branches. I should have feathered that a little more.