Thread: Tiger Portrait !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger Portrait !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Posting another tiger image , but this time it is from a different sighting , earlier this season, i.e. in the month of oct. Earlier I had posted a wide angle habitat shot of this same tigress. But, I was also able to make some portraits of this beautiful young tigress. It was an early morning light where the sun was just starting to come out. I also tried to get a low angle but it is always difficult to achieve from the jeep (Steve can very well understand), but still I could achieve a lower angle because of some agility that I was able to come up with on that day. The forest in the month of Oct / Nov , is pretty vibrant, due to the preceding the monsoon (rainy season), which gets concluded in sept last week.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2020, WB, curves, selective colour, darkened Fg and few corners, reduced contrast, slight vib, very minuscule crop as I straightened it a bit, NR, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400 f4 @ 560mm, HH ( as i had to lower my body from the jeep where bean bag support was not possible).

ss 1/1000, f/5.6, iso 5000

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this tiger. Like the tongue and the pose. Looks like a pretty nice angle considering this is from a vehicle.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Indeed Haseeb, with limited access, no off roading and avoiding the traffic, it can make for a challenging frame.

This is lovely and the tongue is the icing. Well framed with good space all around. I think you could go richer in the colours, but isolating the Tiger and dropping the exp and adding some Dehaze & Clarity adds a tad more separation to me. I might have added a fraction more DoF pushing the ISO to 6400 as I'm never to sure on shooting wide open on the 200-400.

Well done.

TFS
    Steve

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Haseeb, the only thing that bugs me is the black stripes look a little intense.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A captivating frame and I cannot take my eyes of this magnificent tiger, lovely work Haseeb.

Great pose and eye contact is superb, very nice framing. Let's not forget POV - well worth the effort, not always safe hanging out of the jeep and I hope the guide was watching your back
    If this was mine I would add a few tweaks as per Steve's suggestions and then take it to the printers...Love the 3D feel

Have a lovely week-end,
    Gabriela Plesea

6. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone, your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

@ Steve -- Will try as suggested by you. As far as DOF is concerned I could have stopped down by increasing the iso to compensate for ss but this lens works fine on 5.6, it doesn't ffel that a TC is atached to it

@ Gabriela -- Well, the guide was a very timid person and was afraid of the tigress but never mentioned a word to me for safety precautions. I think he also wanted that some good pictures are captured.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As far as DOF is concerned I could have stopped down by increasing the iso to compensate for ss but this lens works fine on 5.6,
    Haseeb, in PS you can find out the shooting distance ie 25m, now look at the DoF calculator and see how much DoF you had. I worked on 500m lens as there isn't a 560mm calculation, not much DoF.