Thread: Game of Thrones !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Game of Thrones !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Here is another image from the same sighting like my previous post. This female cub is in better control amongst her siblings , especially when it comes to her brother in the bkg. She leads and he follows , but can't say how long this will go on, as they will ultimately part their ways as adults and form new territories if the human pressure allows to do so as they are already surviving in the buffer areas of the forest, no more space left for them.

PSCC 2020, WB, curves, levels, selective colour, color balance, cropped from bottom , one rnd of NR on bkg, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 with 1.4x T.C, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1250, f/5.6, iso 2000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions.

Haseeb.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

She is indeed a beauty and in great shape too. Nice and relaxed, this girl gave you such a royal pose. Her brother looks naughty though, very alert, eyes wide open and visible tongue, his body language says 'I am about to pounce'

Thinking about composition...I guess I too would have wanted both tigers in one frame as it's really special. But I am beginning to think the female would have been better on her own? Not too kin on the vegetation covering his mouth and he is a little too far to the right, they don't 'connect' so to speak.

BG is lovely and I really like those branches above the tigress, they give a sense of the environment. Not sure this amount of NR was necessary. Colours look good, the R side of the image a little dark though, I suppose not enough light but it looks a bit like a vignette.

Very special sighting and I am really taken with the tigress, her direct stare and presence - she is just awesome. Sad to learn that there are only about 3900 wild tigers in the world...This, while human population keeps growing at an alarming rate and spreading fast into those ecologicaly sensitive areas.

Thank you so much for sharing, Haseeb.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela — Thank you for your comment and the suggestions. I do have isolated frames of her on the same perch but just that two tigers in one frame is something I liked here, even though I agree that he is in a corner but he never came close by.
    Also, I used just a single rnd of NR but the effect is somewhat more than what I meant to achieve. I didn’t applied vignette in the rhs corner where the tiger is coming out , it was dark like this only.

Really appreciate your feedback .

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you so much for reply, Haseeb - appreciated!

I would have done the same if I had two tigers in my viewfinder:)

I like both characters, one is serious and royal and the other mischievous and about to cause trouble. It just doesn't feel right to me, the composition - maybe it is the distance between them, or the fact that he is partially hidden. Let us see what the others say?

Regarding NR, looks a wee bit heavy on the LHS, but you can fix that if you like. And I do realise there's no vignette, because it's only that bit on the RHS that's dark. BTW... did you remember to do lens corrections in LR?

Chat soon, hope you have a lovely week-end,
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Haseeb, have you resolved your Tiff issues?

My first impression was the same as Gabriela's, I would have preferred to focus just on the main Tiger, the second one doesn't really add much to the scene, but I do understand your thinking. Certainly focusing on just the one relaxed Tiger may have given more 'presence/impact' and brought home more of the majesty of this awesome animal. The BKG looks a bit messy, I would try it without any NR, or perhaps it might be just too much applied? Personally I might have also gone for some more DoF say f/8, or at least shoot a few frame with some extra DoF then took a view at PP stage. I might try tweaking the Hue of the Green, it might offer a better rendition, but adjusting the Hue is not always the best compared to the other two.

If the IQ holds then I would look at an alternative 16x9 crop.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve -- No worries on the framing side , as i do have the one isolated . It was just my personal preference on including both in the frame.

Colours in your RP do look good , especially the greens , and certainly I will work on my next posting considering the above facts, such as the single tiger, NR and greens , but again greens do appear like the one in the OP and your RP doesn't look too different when it comes to the greens.

Will post soon.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, as always much appreciated.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Have you resolved the Tiff issues?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Will probably try this Wednesday, as I am currently traveling.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose here and the framing is right on as well. The right tiger makes this one for me. The detail looks very nice and the detail as well.

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the framing with the inclusion of the second tiger - it adds more to the overall frame for me, even if he is secondary to the resting cat. Whilst the main Tiger looks all regal and pompous, the second has that look of menace that reminds us of the true spirit of these hunters.

Mike

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you John and Mike , your comments are much appreciated.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice indeed, I too like the inclusion of the tiger RHS. Probably the light and or regional differences but the tigers I saw recently did not have such golden eyes (unfortunately!!)

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Jon. Some tigers from Bandhavgarh have turquoise shade in their eyes but most have them normal
    colour. What I feel is the colour of eye in the above tiger is more because of the light hitting into it. If you check my previous post of this same sighting you will see a different colour in the eye of this tigress .