Thread: Beauty Queen !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Beauty Queen !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing fine. Life is pretty busy these days and hence am not able to keep posting here at BPN. I was fortunate enough to see a few tigers on a one day trip to a nearby forest, so would like to post some images as and when I find time. Will be trying to post regularly once again as life settles down.

This is a 16 month old female cub, unusually bold and even dictate terms with one of her brothers. They are 4 in total ( 2 females and 2 Males ), but this individual is a stand out. We happened to get them early morning , light was from the side angle and it was sort of cloudy, so i decided to put on a TC to get a tight frame , eliminating the steep angle and the haziness in the light.

I particularly liked the face of this female , looks very pretty , and unusual for a tiger from this part of the country. Her father sports a very delightful mane ( I am yet to photograph him, a very good looking Tiger) and hence she must be carrying those genes.

DPP 4.8, PS CC 2019, WB, curves, selective colour, vibrance, sharpening, cropped very slightly from all sides.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II with 1.4x T.C, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1000, f/5.6, iso 2000

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, great to have you back and a lovely posting very envious of this sighting.

Nicely framed although perhaps a tad more at the foot would have been better. Loosing the 1.4 would have offered a better cropping option and to a degree, IQ. Personally I would have gone to say f/8 and as the Tiger was relaxed, drop the SS. I do like the way the body tails off and the FG grasses.

I feel the Vibrance as introduced too much yellow and the coat a bit too bright orange. I would also back off on the blacks, not clipped but again just making the image a tad heavy in its look. Just being a little lighter on the sliders and some Exp, Curves the image starts to open up a bit more adding more detail, especially in the whites of the chest & ears.

Hope to see more from the encounter Haseeb.

TFS
    Steve

PS Don't forget to upgrade PS to PS2020

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow Haseeb, a lovely tiger indeed! She looks regal and proud! I like the choice of composition but agree a tad more room below would be nice. The DOF has worked but having more doesn't hurt. Great stare and pose. Looking forward to more. Sadly, too busy myself due to conference season.

4. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve -- Great to have such feedback, i have some images without the TC as well , infact a lot were without TC when she was sitting in the grass but as I said the angle looked steep and tried to close it down.

I might be a little heavy handed with the PP, but the RP you mailed me helps me in understanding the points you made , it appeared a little thin to me but it improve things.

PS is updating , will be using the same.

Thanks for the suggestions , much appreciated.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- Overlooked your comment, must be at the same time. Thank you for your feedback , looking forward for a Tiger trip with you .

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome back Haseeb

A real beauty of a tigress and such lovely relaxed pose, POV is great. Nice detail on her face, perhaps good to have had a tad more DoF but still works for me as it's sharp from muzzle to those beautiful eyes.

BG is great, so is the FG with those taller grasses ( I quite like the 3D feel they create). Love the green vegetation ( looks as if the image was taken after the rain), but maybe a bit too much orange on the paws - I would go back slightly on saturation/vibrance.

One of your nicest tiger images and I enjoyed viewing as well as reading the intro. I take it there's a good chance we'll see more from this trip, when time allows ?

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela , there was no rain , it was due to heavy dew overnight.

I do have more images from this sighting, hope I will be able to share them soon enough.

9. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great view of this tiger. Really digging that stare. Love the pose as well. The tiger looks very relaxed in your presecense. Hope to see some more.

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you John .