Thread: Gannet rising the cliffs

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Gannet rising the cliffs

Name:  DSC_3353_290619.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  202.8 KB

Bempton cliffs in the UK, think I spotted Artie there once I go there about 10 times a year, watching the changing birds and colours.

D850, 70-200mm + 1.4TC (220mm), 1/3200 at F/7.1, ISO 500

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Tim! I like the green background. The detail's good too. I wish the wings were either fully raised or down, as it is I find it slightly awkward. I'd remove the single specular highlight that's intersecting with the bird's lower back, but I like the others. Using Selective Color, I'd shift the Black slider on the Whites panel a touch to the left. This should get rid of some of the greyness in the Whites. I wonder what's going on with the grey shadows on the bird's underside. Did you raise the shadows in that region?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aditya Sridhar View Post
    Nice shot Tim! I like the green background. The detail's good too. I wish the wings were either fully raised or down, as it is I find it slightly awkward. I'd remove the single specular highlight that's intersecting with the bird's lower back, but I like the others. Using Selective Color, I'd shift the Black slider on the Whites panel a touch to the left. This should get rid of some of the greyness in the Whites. I wonder what's going on with the grey shadows on the bird's underside. Did you raise the shadows in that region?
    So this one is more your cuppa tea:-

Name:  DSC_3352_290619.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  174.2 KB
    I shall try your tip on grey removal (need it myself :-)) . The undersides greys are very uniform maybe a product of my noise reduction program.

Thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the OP better..Its quite an unusual POV, is this looking down from the top of a cliff. Never been there Tim. I usually go around the Bass Rock. It looks a wee bit dark on my screen (iMac) . I like how we can see the foot.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Both frames look fine to me. The dark background is nice. The pose is pretty neat in the first frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wild poses, I really like both. Well done with a great perspective.
    Dan Kearl