Thread: Pine Warbler

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Pine Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken near Floodwood, Minnesota in June. 7DII, 1/2000, f 5.6, ISO 640, 800mm.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice looking bird but a bit high and large in the frame. I don't know the bird but maybe a tad over-saturated?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

what a pretty warbler that stands out against that dark BG. image has a number of issues including too big in the frame, soft, noisy and the red channel / highlights are blown

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

The good news is that the bird is in the frame and is a warbler. Focus does look a bit off.

There is lots of bad news. The bird is much too high in the frame. There is no room in front of the bird. Did you have any in the original frame? The image is mega-oversaturated and there is lots of clipping on the YELLOWs of the bird and the bright spots on the perch.

If you have more room, in front and above, re-converting darker might help ..;.

Note the RGB #s -- 255 in two of the channels shows the clipping. I would strongly recommend your getting copies of the DPP 4 e-Guide and Digital Basics II.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.