Thread: Coming at you...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Coming at you...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF400 DO I 1.4xtc II f8 1/5000 ISO 800

Back in may, I had four different trips at sunrise or sunset with low tide at Bunche beach. During this session, I was experimenting with two settings. 1- Even though I knew to get tack sharp images with the old tc you should try to stay at least one stop down(f8 in this case), I was trying to open up a little. 2- With this clean BG, I was trying large area AF which worked quite well. I was sitting near the shore's edge as this frenetic hunter chased a school of fish. Was just about to go vertical for possible portrait (as the distance was closing - this is full frame) when this beauty jumped right at me. I was leaning back on the sloped beach to keep angle somewhat low. This was second in a short burst. Wish I was at f8 and didn't have face shadow but loved the result anyway.

Thanks to all for the informative and valued inputs. More of the same please.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

cool jumping pose and light the image is quite soft (looks OOF) and doesn't show much details

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely lighting, but I agree with Arash about the general lack of sharpness. You had to handle a deep depth of field on this big subject, so its a hard task to get everything in focus. The frame also feels bottom heavy
    as there is much more space above the bird than below.

5. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David: A little more room on the RHS and less at the top is my only nitpic. Face and neck looks sharp enough to me, and I actually like the softness in the body.

7. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks to everyone for valued inputs. Yes, Paul the active focus points at shutter release were on the head and mid to upper neck(again using large AF central area). The DOF goes from the beak to just past the front edge of the wings by my eyes. Minimal smart sharpening was applied for web presentation at 100,.5 with no NR. As far as framing, this is full frame and I was lucky to get the takeoff point in the image and not clip anything. Agree with framing suggestions, though. Thanks again for the valued inputs.