Thread: Eureka! At last!

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Eureka! At last!

Attached Images Attached Images

Just back from 3 nights away at Montville, just over an hour north of Brisbane. I spent two mornings walking at nearby Mary Cairncross Park. It's a lovely rain forest setting...but typically very low light for most of the circuit walk. On the first morning walk I spent around 4 hours at the location, hoping to spot at least one Noisy Pitta...a bird I had yet to see let alone photograph. They are very elusive and forage around the rain forest floor. The man at the reception area told me he had worked there for 16 years and had only seen one twice! Anyhow, I almost gave up after 3 hours or so and decided to walk back to the car, but thought maybe one more try. As I turned around there he was! I had to use ETTL flash (not my strong point) and a high iso, but am stoked that I actually saw one and photographed it. This is the best of a series of around 6 shots. I went the next morning but never saw one...such is life.
    7Dii, 100-400@200mm, 1/200th sec, f5.6, iso1600, ettl flash, HH in manual mode.