Thread: Osprey With Breakfast

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Osprey With Breakfast

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image along Marsh Rabbit Run Trail in Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. The angle of light is not what I would have preferred. Does one pass up an opportunity because the light is not perfect? I chose to capture the image. Viewers can learn more about the trails in Circle B Bar Reserve in a guide that Artie and I wrote, the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide available on the Birds As Art Online Store. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
    1/2500 F/7.1 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 560 Auto 1 WB (image warmed slightly in post processing), camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the bird's pose and the prey item. Nice view of the eye. The lighting as you've mentioned is the main drawback though. I can see noise under the wings and there's a yellow cast which needs to be removed. Always better to take photos even in bad light than to leave the camera behind. TFS Joe

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I don't mind the light. Also like the pose and the fish being consumed. The bird is nice and sharp.