Thread: Baby Sitting !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Baby Sitting !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post as always much appreciated.

I had been not so active for a couple of weeks due to the new arrival in our family and had been learning baby sitting.

Here is an image on similar lines. Image made in a very low light situation at Tadoba buffer zone.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019, WB, curves, levels(midtones), darkened the fg, cropped from top and bottom ( slightly), selective colour and colour balance, sharpening and one round of NR and very slight canvas on lhs of the frame.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 ISII, Bean Bag.

ss 1/800, f/4, iso 8000.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, with all those late nights baby sitting, I assume you are getting some additional PP in.

Did you also shoot this landscape, as having the two versions would be nice, just for comparison? I like the tender moment, but a fame or two later may have offered more of the tongue? The low light wasn't ideal sadly, but you made the most of it, however I feel the shallow DoF wasn't ideal - again distance between you and the subject. A difficult dilemma, as depending on the EV I might have shot a fraction darker, gone to 5.6 and lifted it in PP, retaining the SS, but without being there hard to know. Colours look muted and reflect the low light.

Great to a Tiger again!

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve — thank you for your comment and suggestions, as always much appreciated. In order to get the most of ss in such low lighting I tend to shoot wide open but certainly going 5.6 and a stop under might have been better, something that I will follow henceforth. Shot this in portrait mode only and I do have some frames with more tongue but it is a bit soft. Tough I liked the moment here especially the tilted head of the cub.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a great moment you have captured here. Nice detail and the interaction is very nice. The image quality looks nice for the low light and high ISO.

6. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

Very special moment you have captured here and the baby tiger is simply adorable, love the innocent look

Framing works for me, pose is superb and colours look good. I like the curvature of the path where Mom and little one are lying and grooming.

Your choice of aperture did allow for more light to hit the sensor but the plane of focus is a bit thin, just not enough DoF to suit both subjects. I see no grain due to high ISO, which is awesome. Thinking maybe you could have gone to 10.000? Or tried to keep camera as steady as possible and dialled in a 5.6, like Steve suggested above?

Such wonderful tender moment and a scene you will never forget, I can only dream of such sighting. Would love to see tigers one day

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

8. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like it and I especially like the low angle from which it is taken. It is a lovely moment the cub looks really cute. I think the colour in the tigers is beautifully rendered.

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions , i agree to your dof suggestion , and will definitely keep that advice in mind. much appreciated.