Thread: Roseate Spoonbill

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Roseate Spoonbill

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 310mm
    1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -2/3 ISO 200 Auto WB, camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this spoonbill. You handled the light well. Like the look back pose and the vertical framing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Colors and Head turn. I would have done dodging on the head

TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe:

Very nice colors, pose, composition and depth of field. The exposure looks good on my monitor

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a beautiful spoonbill! Great look-back pose. Vertical comp is a good call. Maybe a bit more left and top. The far leg is rather dark, if you have more detail in there that would be great. Gotta love that eye!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really lovely frame, eye contact and colors are perfect. Only issue I have is that this is what kinda in-between a super detailed (and closer) headshot and a more artistic lower angle view. It's a nice shot as is, but could have been elevated artistically elevated by being closer or lower.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    Really lovely frame, eye contact and colors are perfect. Only issue I have is that this is what kinda in-between a super detailed (and closer) headshot and a more artistic lower angle view. It's a nice shot as is, but could have been elevated artistically elevated by being closer or lower.
    Hey Dorian, like your hummingbird. I hear your suggestions regarding closer and lower, neither was possible. The bird was in the middle of a small pond and in Florida you don't go in the water unless it is ocean (and that has another set of problems not made public). As for a lower angle, I was sitting on the ground aways from the edge of the water. Here the edge of fresh water is not a good place. There are these big reptiles that if present ambush what strays near the water. Every year here there are alligator attacks on careless people, sometimes deaths. Thank you for viewing and commenting, I appreciated your comments and suggestions.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com