Thread: Reddish Egret (Dark Morph)

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Reddish Egret (Dark Morph)

Attached Images Attached Images

Another from time spent early morning Wednsday at Ft. Desoto in Pinellas County, Florida. That morning I had two in front of me, a dark morph and a white morph. They would stand at the waters edge, facing the water watching for fish in the surf. When seeing a fish one or both would run after the fish stabbing into the water, sometimes successful sometimes not. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, image captured at 400mm
    1/3200 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV -1/3 ISO 360 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped slightly for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Terrific action shot, Joe.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice running pose with the raised foot adding. The shadow on the near-under-primaries would have been eliminated if only the bird had its wings fully raised.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice shot Joe! Great light and I like the bird's pose. I do wish the wings were fully raised. I think the image may need a slight CWC rotation. Nice blues in the water. Well done overall

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice action here Joe and at 1/3200 you captured it perfectly. Love that facial expression.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice sense of motion here. I can see the drunken sailor routine in this frame. Light looks nice as well.