Thread: Swamp Deer 2 !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Swamp Deer 2 !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Here is another image of the Swamp Deer taken at different time of the day. I liked the way it is positioned on the mound rather a small little island where they sit for hours after feeding. Also the cormorants surrounding the Deer is what I liked in this frame. I wish it was a specimen with full antlers.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019, WB, Curves, selective colour, colour balance, cropped from top, lhs and rhs for a centred look, Shaprened the subject.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400 f 4 @ 560mm, HH.

ss 1/800, f/7.1, iso 400.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic, Haseeb. I did not take to this one at first, but there is a lot going on in this environmental portrait! Love the deer pose, head turn, and positioning in the center of the rock. The surrounding birds looking up at it really add to the feeling of majesty. Nice! You have framed it well.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, without the Cormorants I feel the image would be rather boring, they add interest and the setting is different. Think you could have shot at f/5.6 rather than f/7.1. Having the deer looking to camera works and I like the bent front leg.

Hi Matt, would welcome like other Wildlife members I'm sure, to see some of your Wildlife images too.

TFS
    Steve

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb I am sure I would have taken that image if I had been there too. I understand precisely why you took it and that is why I would have taken it but on looking at it on screen, well the deer looks a little insignificant. In your introductory remarks you did in fact highlight the issue, i.e. the deer was not sufficiently dominant in the frame. You did a good job with what you had but it doesn't quite work for me.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, I like the composition and thinking in the field. Agree that the cormorants add to the image. Nice pose by the deer.
    Hearty congrats Haseeb for becoming a father! The little princess looks super cute. Cheers my friend.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hearty congrats Haseeb for becoming a father! The little princess looks super cute. Cheers my friend.
    SANJEEV, HOW DID WE MISS THIS?
    Big Congratulations Haseeb, now no buying any more kit....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

​Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions, as always much appreciated. Cormorants are indeed mite than side subjects in this frame .

@ Jon: appreciate your comment but in intro I meant that the deer with antlers would have been better but still I feel it stands out nicely in the habitat though rather small but conveys the landscape.

@ Doc and Steve , thank you for your wishes , I was going to share the news with my next post. And no new kit ..... not now but surely it will come when needed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it. Showing the deer small in the frame makes me think about how big the woods are behind it. The bird are another nice element.

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is one of those shots that really needs to be seen large to appreciate it fully. Its good enough on my 24" screen, but I bet as a large print it really shines. Great shooting angle, and pose from the deer, and all the birds below just add to the overall feel. Top marks from me

Mike

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post