Thread: Red Fox

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Fox

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .... back to Europe with this posting .
    Image taken in the Netherlands in the Amsterdaamse waterleidingduinen , basically a water supply area for Amsterdam . Also a recreational area for the locals where one can walk around .... and find some deer or foxes . Some of them are habituated to humans .... so easy to photograph .... if you have food around , otherwise they go . I for myself never fed them ..... just participated at times from others who did so .
    Nevertheless it was good to see and get up close to the fox without any stress .... for both sides .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 343 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/2500 sec ; man exp and Auto Iso

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2019

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice low POV and great pose with the tongue out. Even though its out of focus (not a nit) I like that we can see the tail. Nice colors and tones. I wish for just a bit more light on the left (as viewed) eye. TFS

Forum Participant
    Thank You Posts

Nice animal! I agree with the comments about the light for the left eye. A little more on sun angle would have solved it, if you had time to get around that way and the fox actually turned its head in that direction... But this is a cute look from it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Alex and Matt for your comments , much appreciated .

Nothing i can do about the shadow .... and i am actually ok with it , as it does give some form to the subject .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cracking details Andreas and that low POV along with the tongue sticking out just makes for a fantastic viewing. Lovely colours and nice control of whites could have easily been blow, everything to like abt the image.

I really liked this image, very nicely done.

TFS !

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, nice relaxed pose and the tongue is the icing. Nice light and like you, no issues with the eye on the LHS looks natural. I think you may have been just on the cusp at f/6.3, but certainly I would not want any more in focus, I just think a notch up may have helped. I can also see a version where the BKG is darker to add some more separation perhaps, although I would address the small area of hot fur on the LHS, as you have enough surround it to work from.

TFS
    Steve

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super quality Andreas, the processing is just spot on! The tones are delightful it really is a super image to look and admire.
    My thinking is changing now I have switched camera systems but I still wonder with your set up at 343mm do you really you need 1/2500 sec??? You have achieved a great result so end of story - no qualms about that. I am really begging the question wouldn't you have gotten even better at say 1/1600 sec f8? I am assuming you were in a comfortable position and you have your camera and lens pretty steady and the IS is operative. Logic will dictate the faster the shutter speed the sharper the detail but I would have thought even 1/1000 sec would freeze the fox provided you chose your moment.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Everything looks solid here. Nice low angle nice pose, like the tongue out as well. Light looks nice.