Thread: Scarface

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Scarface

Attached Images Attached Images

The old male lion was limping and walking slowly towards the pride.
    5D IV
    100-400 II
    1/1600
    f/5
    ISO 3200

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This lion looks like a beast. The story those scars could tell. This would have made a nice vertical. Details look nice.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the low angle and he has a magnificent mane. I suspect those injuries are really going to incapacitate him quite considerably and he will soon have to resort to left overs. I can imagine he would have been a really magnificent lion when he was in his prime.
    Sanjeeve, I thought your B&W was good but I also like the colour version, the light around the mane enhances the colours. the composition and processing looks good to me, I would probably have toned the foreground down just a little to add depth.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- The angle is nice and colours look good to me. I feel you should have opted for a portrait mode , also the lack of eye contact is somewhat not ideal but in this case represents the situation well.

TFS !

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, when comparing the images of the 5D with the 1DX my feeling is still, that camera to lens, the 5D is not 'married', but have you done anything in PP with the maine? The angle is better here than with the 500 which is surprising, but you did well. For me, eye contact isn't important, with the slight head drop, looking away, you can't help but think, is he pondering that his life and reign is slowly coming to the end?

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A great frame which really tells a story of this old battler. You can just see the life stories written all over him - hope he continues despite the injuries.

Great to get down close to eye level, and I really like th hints of light coming through the fur, nice work

Mike