Thread: the launch...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default the launch...

Attached Images Attached Images

Whimbrel taking off from atop an old rusty pasture post. Not very often i will shoot a bird on a post but i did like the worn look, wood, lichen, nails, etc, ... I decreased exposure and the BG came to life with such warm colors. Blended specular highlight on right side.

D500
    500mmPF

ISO 1250
    1/2500

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a wonderful capture! Love the pose, sharpness and colours. That BG is a killer. Looks like the D500/500mm Nikon is a killer combo (not excluding your major skills as a photographer). I'm thinking strongly of ditching the 7Dii for a D850, but maybe the D500 woulod be enough...decisions decisions!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

love the dynamic pose, the perch not so much although I like the elements on it, too bad the horizon line intersected with the bird and the wings weren't all the way up, the bird could use a bit more sharpening

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the dynamic take-off pose, and love the killer BG. (Layers are ever-so slightly sloping down to the left; maybe a little cw rotation?) I also find the post interesting. Yes to a bit more sharpening of the bird. All in all a very nice capture.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely post but I could do without the wire and nails ... Then ditto Arash and finally the bird is ever-so-slightly angling away.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the post and the take-off pose.
    The bird is ever so slightly moving away from you but not a deal breaker for me.
    Yes, to more sharpening and toning down and getting more detail out of the whites near the rump.
    Best part for me is that killer BG,
    Gail

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image Ann, I like all aspects, i would agree perhaps a little more sharpening, maybe some extra Detail and or Texture would help. I like the background and the post - with the barbed wire! I would also lower the highlights on the flank a little, These small changes make a considerable difference to the bird.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I thought this said lunch at first glance. It is a nice launch frame. The three toned background is nice. Would have loved to take some macros of those rusted nails.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with all the comment to this point (perch, head angle, and more sharpening). This is a shorebird I've been trying to get in flight for a while, so I am a tad bit jealous of this frame. Softly graded BG is particularly nice.