Thread: Run like ****!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Run like ****!

Attached Images Attached Images

A black Rhino looks for an escape route to avoid shutterbugs and made a dash into an opening. He was patient for a while and then as more vehicles joined in he decided enough is enough. It was a quick split second shot. Couldn't do much about the FG twigs but I thought it helped frame the rhino.
    1DX II
    500 II
    1/2500
    f/6.3
    ISO 3200

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev a Placke is always a special thing , great that you saw one with full horns.
    Love the running pose with the head and tail up , glad that you have the rhino almost parallel to the sensor !!! The Scenery is a bout perfect with a stunning backdrop !!! I do not share your thoughts that the twigs do help the with framing the rhino though . Would have preferred the lower once from right to left , but nothing you could do about it . And it is not a big issue for me ... but helping ...NO !!

What i do think about the image in terms of color / tone , detail .... check the RP . Might take it even further .... just quickly done in ACR filter .

TFS Andreas

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see the rhino with the full horn. The light looks like it was pretty nice. Also like the way the rhino is framed by the branches.

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Thank You Posts

Nice, Sanjeev. Love the textures on this animal. Almost wish you hadn't described all the other photographers and arriving vehicles causing the Rhino to feel encroached upon, but I guess that's the reality. Guess I just didn't want to know that's why it was on the run. Great picture of the animal, though and I agree with Andreas that the image color / contrast is a little flat.

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Super special sighting, love the running pose from this rhino and swishy tail, great timing Very nice background albeit the FG is a tad busy ( although I do realise this is typical of their environment), IMO the barren bush on the left occupies too much of the frame so tempted to crop a tad from the LHS.

Colours look good in the OP and I see Andreas's RP as an improvement, adding more depth overall as well as detail and textures to the subject. Vegetation also seems to have a little more 'pop'.

I am smiling now having read Matt's comment, felt exactly the same...Wished you told us a 'story' about this rhino that did not involve people, LOL. But thank you for being honest

Just for interest' sake, had a number of encounters over the years with black rhino and I find them quite 'edgy' in comparison with the relatively placid white rhino. A black rhino picks up scent from far away and comes to investigate, for that reason one should never follow but wait patiently for the animal to approach... and when he does, keep very still.
    Been charged a number of times, once during a walk with guests in 2002 - did not run away but still remember the sensation that my hair was standing up Incredible species this is, so unique, powerful yet so vulnerable and I wish we could protect them from poachers.

What actually makes this image for me is the beautiful head posture with face upward, so typical of the species... I really enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing, Sanjeev.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good sharp shot Sanjeev, I like the original but a little more colour does help I think, (It's my impression that many of your recent images appear to have a slightly desaturated background). The pose couldn't be better.

11. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- I really liked this one , 1st because of the magnificent subject with its horns intact and 2nd the low Pov and pose. I liked what Andreas has done in his RP coz i feel it has really improved the colours and tones. Though the FG twigs are a bit unfortunate I still feel this is a lovely image.

TFS !

13. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one Sanjeev, RP is an improvement.

TFS
    Steve