Thread: Old Lady !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Old Lady !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Positing a Tiger image from Corbett. The terai tiger has a different look and appearance than the central Indian tigers, a furry mane and protruding snout and slightly darker stripes and ultimately a more thick coat. This is because of the geography as the terai region and areas above it are in the colder northern parts of India. And unlike Tiger sightings in bandhavgarh and ranthambore , here, they are not so common.

This tigress had well past her prime and was nearing her last days. Now, I am not sure whether she is still alive as this image was made more than a year ago but you never know with tigers , they are real fighters and survivors.

DPP 4.8, PScc 2019, WB, curves, selective colour, darkened the fg , cloned out a jeep in the rhs corner as seen, cropped from top and slight from foot of the frame, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MKII, Canon 200-400mm f4 @ 400mm, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1250, f/5.6, iso 2500.

Looking forward for you comments and suggestions be it of any nature.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 08-16-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Forum Participant
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful animal. She is so sweet looking, especially after your info. I would crop a bit off the bottom, maybe just below the bigger leaf & then remove the leaf. Nice shot.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A fine image Haseeb of a different looking tiger. I like the vertical framing and the alert almost 'frozen' pose. Good colours and techs. I agree reg the leaf in the FG, it does catch my eye too.

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb ... glad you posted this . Not often seen a tiger from there .
    Stunning shot with a perfect low POV ... the tiger slightly elevated , does look good . I do like the colors/ tones / details ... every nicely processed . The clean image design is priceless good .... i actually do like the dead leaf , breaking the monotony . Might maybe drop the contrast of it slightly .
    The only thing i might change is the crop ... place her more centered and loose a bit from the top , to create a classy portrait format 2x3 .

I have to say she is not a nice looking woman ....

Nice one ...TFS Andreas

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this tiger. The pose and low angle are right on. My first though was this looks different than the tigers you have posted before and now i know why. Nice one.

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

I like this image, very much. Well framed and POV is superb, colours look good to me. She does look quite old, this lady, yet dignified and in relatively good condition. Love the eye contact here, her expression is one of...indecisiveness?

Cannot think of anything I would change here at the moment, I like this as presented. Perhaps lifting the blacks a tad, or reducing contrast. A fine image well captured and well processed too, techs are spot-on.

A pleasure to view, thank you so much for sharing.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful tigress, I rather like the off centre positioning. I didn't know about the different physical appearances in India (I knew about Bengal Sumatra Java Siberia ect) but I do see she has a larger nose and I note the mane. She stands out beautifully from the surroundings - most impressive.

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments and kind word of appreciation .

I did tried to lighten those blacks and reduced the contrast while processing this one and it was borderline on getting a bit flat so stuck with this version but not averse to try again.
    The leaf works for me here .

@ Andreas -- I like your crop suggestion and will definitely try and see how it turns out but I liked this one as well because of its slightly tilted pose.

@ Jon - Though they are all bengal tigers here , those located in northern region are mostly like the one above and Males are even more impressive and stockier. While the ones in Ranthambore ( western arid region of India) are having darker stripes , much better coat in winters and have a peculiar conical manes. There is different looks amongst tigers of central India , the one in Tadoba are somewhat less vibrant and lacks mane in most cases while some have very impressive manes but it is quite rare, even the stripes are darker. But the ones in Bandhavgarh located more towards north though lies in central india are the most impressive with long slender built females and huge bulky males with lovely manes , there colours and stripes are most impressive and they have peculiar eyes , most beautiful among bengal tigers.

Thank you all once again.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 08-19-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, the blacks & whites to me look pushed creating a slightly 'harsher' appearance. Along with the crop suggestion might back off for a more 'softer' look.

Steve

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post