Thread: Spotted Sandpiper on a log

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spotted Sandpiper on a log

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot in local slough in ND. Log is added a set up. Was surprised when this sandpiper showed up. Mostly Black Terns were using the log.Processed with Dpp 4 and Photoshop. Neat image.Comments and critiques appreciated.
    Canon 5 D Mark 1V
    500 f/4 L IS
    700 mm
    Av
    1/2000
    ISO 800

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Image. Image shows yellow/Red cast not sure if it is due to Late Evening/ Early Morning Light.

Reflection is cool.

TFS
    Last edited by Krishna Prasad kotti; 08-13-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great looking frame! Nice light, beautiful calm water which has provided a nice reflection too. Great exposure, pose from the bird and background as well.
    I wish the log ended before the edge of the frame but it still works as is. I'm not sure I detect any color cast as mentioned Krishna... it looks natural for a sunset/morning shot to me.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice Kevin. I've hoped for a log shot like this for years, without success. Water and background and dreamy, and I do note the slight pinkish cast as pointed out by Krishna, particularly on the blue water. Would be nice to have the whole og, but this is still really nice as is. I particularly appreciate the wide-ish crop. The lighting is just killer.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose, lovely background, nice looking log (I think I recall seeing this before). Ditto comments about whole log, but not a deal-breaker. A handsome frame as posted. No one else mentioned it, but on my screen the bird feels as if just a tiny bit more sharpening would help.