Thread: Ibex female on lookout at Niederhorn

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ibex female on lookout at Niederhorn

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey folks just been to Switzerland two weeks ago .... just spent a short time on the Niederhorn mountain , lying above the Thuner Lake .
    Target has been the " tame " Ibex colony in that area . I got some luck with females and youngsters , not much though with the impressive males and their large horns. A lot of hiking was involved to find them ..... mostly !!! But also sometimes within 10 min of walking from the mountain hotel . The rest of the trip was a bit more sportive with my girl ........ hiking , paragliding and mountain biking , as i am getting older i rented an E-Bike to climb the steep ramps !!!!
    But had also my normal bike with me ...for the flat areas around the lake .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 350 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 640 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2019 ; slight crop

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

I quite like the POV here because it shows that - like any mountain goat - the Ibex love to climb and are not afraid of heights. The rock also contributes to this effect

Well framed and I love the space on the LHS of the image as well as clean background/ blue sky. The eye contact is a nice bonus.

Colours look good ( I think they do, never seen this species before but I did my 'research' quickly before replying ), and you've dealt very nicely in PP with those shadows.

Subject well placed within the frame and I am glad you included some of the vegetation, without those greens the image would have looked a bit 'sterile', so to speak.

Good thinking in the field as well as good work behind the computer, Boetie. Sharp and nice detail, love those textures in the subject's coat. I like this as presented, no nits from me

Seems you had a wonderful trip to Switzerland, any Marmot images in your folders?

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela for your long and detail comment , much appreciated .... it is just you

Sadly no marmots ....not even a warning whistle , there are other species in that location .... but not to shoot on the fly , need more time on top of the Niederhorn for the other ones . I heard there are marmots .... but nobody could tell where to find them .

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Maybe there was one Marmot under the rock...You were so busy with the Ibex you did not see it
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Loving the head turn, eye contact and framing with the inclusion of the pine tree, Andreas, with your usual top overall quality and detail showing nicely.

Switzerland being my adopted country really does have some glorious lakeside & mountain scenery, and you need to come over to my backyard for those Marmots.

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice how the idex looks like it is way up there. The pose is nice and i like the conifer. The light is what it is. Details look pretty nice.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- I really liked the way Ibex is perched up that rock and inclusion of pine tree adds here otherwise it this would have looked too sterile. As always excellent IQ and details in your subject , not familiar with the colours of this specie but rest appears all fine to me.

Also sounds like a real fun trip for you.

nice one, TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, a very nice image of Ibex on top of the rock and the green foliage framing it on the RHS. Good head angle and exposure. Glad you had a good trip with all the sports activity!! TFS.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, clean, simple and a nice departure from the African folder. Is the shooting angle a little steep, not sure? Lugging the 200-400 rather you than me, personally I prefer to keep it a bit more lightweight these days, but...

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi folks thanks for all the various comments .... much appreciated .

Marc ... nice if you have them in your backyard , the marmots . Why donīt you post an image of them .

Steve - i do like the interview in this instance , and there was no way to avoid it , BTW .

Cheers Andreas