Thread: Sibling Rivalry

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sibling Rivalry

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,
    These two cubs were full of antics and it was so much fun to just watch them play!
    1DX II
    500 II
    1/1000
    f/4
    ISO 3200

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev gorgeous moment you have captured !!

Technically i do like to make the same comment as your previous posting with the single cub . So please look there at my comment .
    A bit tight on LHS ...but only a small issue for me .
    A pleasure to view .

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I've been away so not commented on the previous postings from this series, but I have enjoyed viewing them all - great results from a wonderful sighting.

Is there a little bit more on the left of the frame? Just a little tight for my taste. Andreas has covered the tech side already I see - I'll leave that part to him! That said, there is some beautiful detail that's you've brought out in the fur.

Mike

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, like Andreas, my previous comments apply here too, however I'm really surprised that you framed it with such little room to the LHS. What has been your rationale for shooting f/4, were you with someone who was advising?

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, this is near full frame, a bit of crop from RHS, in the heat of the moment I framed it will less room to the left. My idea was light was low, so to get max SS, I used f/4, should have gone with 6400 ISO and increased f stop.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, I think in all honesty you have to be there to appreciate in what direction to take things because not going all the way with the histogram and so under exposing, knowing what can be done within PP may have help, likewise also going higher on ISO especially with the 1DX mk2 and so things can be a 'compromise'. This is where, when taking a shot, you may also have to think about what you can do in PP to achieve the best result to work with. Technically in terms of the techs it may be less than ideal, however it offers a greater scope in PP to achieve the end goal, if that makes sense.

I meant to say, you also have some flexibility also with this body, at least a stop to work with at times and folk I think are swayed too much and go off changing things without full understanding the full potential of what they really have.
    Last edited by Steve Kaluski; 08-04-2019 at 10:00 AM.

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- Very cute image, loved the pose and moment , a fun sighting indeed .

I agree with Andreas and Steves comments made on your previous post , also a bit more space for the lhs cub will definitely improve the framing.

TFS !